Korea Day 2: Namdaemun and Myeongdong

Hello everyone!

I think today's post will be a tad bit short for a travelogue post, but we didn't exactly explore that much today! In case you wanted to know, mum was feeling a lot better so we did go to Myeongdong again (as the title suggests) so she could experience it! 

It was a lot less chilly today so it wasn't the best idea to wear jeans afterall? Then again, it was much less humid than Singapore so I was so so happy that I didn't end up sweating all the way. 

Breakfast from the supermarket!

We honestly didn't do much in the morning apart from just having time to ourselves and just doing our own thing. So I figured I should work on some stuff and have breakfast! I bought this yogurt and granola thing from the supermarket yesterday and it was pretty nice. I'd say the granola was pretty sweet but the yogurt balanced it out. 

Lunch was pretty great!

Samgyetang!!!

FRIED CHICKEN

I'm not the biggest fan of samgyetang, solely because I don't really like ginseng but this didn't have an overwhelming ginseng flavour (until you reached the rice). The chicken was delicious and tender, the soup was very delicious as well. I must admit I was so excited for the fried chicken because I was just in the mood for some fried chicken. Unfortunately, it was just too early for beer so it was accompanied by a whole lot of pickled radish.


Next up, Namdaeun Market!

Namdaemun is a decent walk from my hotel, I'd say you can take a train, but it's just one stop so seriously.. just walk. Plus I wanted to eat to my heart's desire so I suppose it would help to walk as much as I can, right? It's always well worth it for sure, with the good weather and endless shopping. It's my first time at Namdaemun so it was nice to experience it!


I thought the flags were lovely!

Dad had some pigs trotters. 

Not my thing but hey, it made a nice photo?

THESE BREAD/DUMPLINGS

OMG

I think everyone knows how much I love carbs, especially noodles and bread. I can make do without the rest but I love bread and noodles, and this little dumpling/bakery stall in the corner just caught my eye. I had no idea what they were selling half the time because I didn't know what I was reading on their price list but oh goodness I just wanted to buy one of everything to give it a go.

I didn't take too many photos because honestly, it all more or less looks the same at almost every turn but the shopping was honestly really great! I did get quite a few things and I'm very happy with my loot!

Namdaemun apparently begins to cease operation at about 5 in the evening, so we decided to head over to somewhere else!

Of course, we went off to Myeongdong!

Mum and dad went to look for food while I went off to find a bathbomb!

Of course, I had to pop by lush, I just had to! The bathrub in my bathroom was calling to me so I figured I should just get myself a bathbomb and have my very first bath with a lush bathbomb!

A little fizz trial

And some mixing action!

I quite liked how they had a staff with you at all times, Lush had two floors and I was just lost in the abundance of pretty things and of course, I was just so overwhelmed that I as getting my first bathbomb that I was so so excited. I just found them so helpful, it was like a personalised shopping experience!

And it's here!


This baked cheese thing is AMAZING. Probably one of my favourites.


Pizza cones!!!!!!!!

I got the bugolgi one!





Look at all that shopping we did.

My parents had bought so many masks for a friend from the face shop that they gave us a lugguage?! My goodness that's just crazy!

Lo and behold, the bathbomb.

I got the one called 'The French Kiss' or 'A French Kiss', I know in the website it's a lot more purple-y, but I'm sure its the same thing, though it's really really pink in real life (or mine was). 

Pink pretty water~

It smelt of lavender and it made my skin feel so soft and lovely. Unfortunately, my iphone took the bath with me because I wanted to post a photo on instastories and into the water it went. My goodness I'm just gutted because I fished it out as fast as I could, I tried to drain as much wate as possible, but the screen is officially gone.

I could not be any more upset with myself, believe me. I feel like an idiot and my wonderful bath had turned into quite a financial issue. Not to mention that it's stressful because we have to be up by 8am tomorrow for a guided tour and I've a dead phone. 

Lesson learnt! 

I'm sorry that today's post isn't all that exciting, tomorrow's post will have way more photos and hopefully more fun instastories as well! Praying for the best for my phone, but on the bright side, broken technology is always better than someone getting hurt, y'know? I need to be more positive, and I also need to get some sleep because it's past mightnight here. I'll see you in my next vlog! 

Before I leave, just thought I should say that the vlog for the Mrs and Classic Mrs Singapore is now live on my channel as well, so you can check it out here!


xx
Shayne