Korea 2017 Day 1: Landing into a Food Adventure

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know (if you follow me on instagram), I'm currently in Seoul! I haven't been back here in a while and I'm pretty excited about it! I did feel a little iffy at first because I just don't exactly enjoy being stuck in a metal hole for a few hours with a lot of other people (and crying children), but fortunately, my parents and I got to fly by business class this time and my goodness it made such a difference. 

We got to the airport at about 6ish, made it past the traffic!

Since we were taking business class, we did get to sit around and eat a little here and there at the lounge. I was pretty darn hungry by then so all I had on my mind was food to feed my angsty soul.

Some nommies.

And a nice hot tea.

This tea was surprisingly yummy. I never exactly reached for a fruit tea, it's almost always either a peppermint or a green tea but the lychee stood out to me today, so I took it, and I liked it!

An hour or so later, we headed to the very end of the airport to our gate. 






Not gonna lie, business class is hella great.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why dad had decided to go via business class this time round, but I'm guessing it's to add some vavavoom to the trip as an additional 'present' for mothers day, and being the only child, I get to experience business class for the first time ^^ 

Dinner part 2


 I ended up having fish in red curry!

I know I said I'm not much of a seafood person, but the chicken option somehow did not resonate with me so I opted for the fish, which was pretty good actually, I might have fonud a new type of fish that I don't mind eating!

Landing in Bangkok~

 So we took a transfer flight and the stop-over was at Bangkok, which was quite a rush. Apparently they had to stop us a little too far away from the actual gate that we had to be at, so we had to take a bus and stuff. It was quite the rush but hey, we made it!

Business Class in this plane was slightly different~

Sat with mummy instead of sitting alone!

I had planned to have the thai cuisine for breakfast..



But I was so tired I slept through it..

We reached Seoul at about 6am local time, I was pretty sleepy by then, slept throughout the second flight, though I woke up every now and then. I was pretty hungry, but I decided to wait..


 Took a bus to the hotel~

The luggage ajusshi got mad at me cuz I had no sense of coordination and didn't grab the ticket from him fast enough.

The view!!!


Living room~

Kitchen/washing room area


My bedroom (The mirror kinda bothered me)


My little bathroom!

For privacy reasons, I didn't take photos of my parent's room because they had already laid out all their stuff. They have their own bathroom as well, and their room is near the living room area, while I'm closer to the main door and the kitchen area. 

Also, I should have bought a bathbomb from Lush back in Singapore so I could take a nice bath here! I don't have a bathtub in Singapore so I never found the need to geta bathbomb, but duh, I've always wanted one! 

Forgot to take photos during lunch >:

After settling down into the hotel (more like serviced apartment), all of us more or less took a good ong nap before deciding what to do. Mum wasn't feeling too good so dad and I decided to pop out for lunch (which I FORGOT to photograph, but it was so good) and then to the nearby supermarket to get a few things!

Mostly snacks and soju which is just $2?! Fun fact: this is my fave soju, but it's pretty expensive in Singapore. I haven't tried the other flavours and I actually came across this pink grapefruit one by accident while having fried chicken last year and I LOVED IT. 

Just FYI, those two bottles are now gone cuz dad and I were drinking when we got home last night. Think I may have influenced dad to love this soju because he said we ought to buy some home!

Went to Myeongdong!

We did take quite a long walk to get to Myeongdong, but it was alright for me, not sure how tired dad was feeling though, but he seemed excited to eat all that street food!! 



WAHHHHH!!!!



Lush, I see you.


This was SO delicious

I ended up throwing the lightbulb away >:


Fking dropped my camera and the screen cracked... BUT ALL IS GOOD.

I think I shocked so many people (including the lovely ladies at the store), but I shocked myself more because the lanyard I had on my camera snapped and obviously, I did NOT expect that. 



Omg these fishcake skewer things were AMAZING. My fave of the night.

Ice cream!!!!! I love honeycomb.






Definitely ate a week's worth of food in one day!

I know dad and I ate a good deal of street food. There are still so many other things I want to eat. I do wanna eat some good kimchi stew and some ddeobokki on the streetside as well! I forgot what my lunch place was called, but it was newly opened and it was near my hotel, they had amazing bugolgi and it was a shame that I didn't bring my camera during lunch! 

I didn't exactly shop that much yesterday, it was mostly about the food because we were pretty hungry! Did grab a good number of socks and a shirt or two! I'll definitely get around to doing a haul on the youtube channel so I won't really reveal what I bought in these blogposts! I may sneak em in the vlog and in my instastories though! ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and I'll see you tomorrow!!!


xx
Shayne