Sephora Black Card Haul

Hello Everyone!

Sephora was having a secret sale for its Black Card Members, so I managed to find a window of time over the weekend to pop by and grab some stuff during the sale. Now, I realised that the Sephora at Nex did not have all the brands unlike the one at Ion, so I might regret not getting a few extra pieces online. But it's alright, I honestly think I got quite a few things already.

Just a disclaimer, as always; I'm not in any way showing off or bragging. I just like doing haul blogposts, I myself love seeing what other people bought so of course, I do hope some of you out there who read my blog regularly do too.

Well, on to the haul then!

I didn't really pick every single thing under the sun, mostly because despite the 20%, makeup is still relatively expensive. I did pick a few things that I wanted to try, as well as things I was running out of that needed replenishing.


Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Medium Light by Urban Decay

I had my eye on this product ever since the Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette launch. I've always been using Better than BB foundation by Benefit and I love that very much still. I just wanted to give this product a go. I sampled it at the event, of course, it's lightweight and it has a pretty light coverage, which would be very good for me on lazy days.

I'm pretty excited to find out how this looks on my face, I picked up Medium Light instead of the Medium shade because I'm somewhere in between. However, I hope the medium light will not be too insanely bright or else we may have a problem. I'm just really excited to give this a go!



Porefessional by Benefit

This is one of my holy grail makeup products. I'm almost finishing my third tube ever so I decided to reach out for one. I've been using this for ages, a good two years at least, I'm sure. I love that it's super lightweight, I love that it's oil-free and I love that it makes my skin so smooth and it doesn't clog up skin up. 

I use this alone on my skin by itself when I'm going to the gym, dance rehearsals, productions and my skin doesn't break out the next day despite the sweating. Also, a little goes a long way. I use this everyday and one tube lasts for so long. 


Gimme Brow in 05 by Benefit

Another one of my holy grail products. Along with the porefessional, I use these on days where I just want to feel like I have put in a bit of effort to look slightly more put together. This brow mascara lasts all day and it keeps my brows combed out. I only use this on my brows, after the porefessional, and somehow, I'm pretty good to go. 

Honestly, I rarely do that 'no makeup' makeup look, and I might have just brought that to a whole new level of lazy. But I usually do not like having a full face of makeup when I know I'm going to be running around carrying stuff around set or if I'm going somewhere to exercise. 

Singapore is so humid in general and you'd technically sweat anywhere, but during those times, you just cannot touch up or find the time to daintily tap your beads of sweat away with a tissue. So you might as well wear minimal make up and at least feel a bit better about yourself before stepping out of the house. 



Ombre Radiance Bronzer by IT Cosmetics 

I've hit pan on my Sephora Bronzer so I was so excited to get my hands on a new powder bronzer. I rarely use them now, to be honest, I've been so obsessed with my cream contour duo from Stila, but I knew I would needa powder bronzer eventually so I reached out for this. 

I did want to get another palette at the IT cosmetics counter that was like a trio as well, it had a highligher and a blusher alongside the bronzer, but I decided against it because I rarely used blushers and I had an amazing highlighter at home. Also, this was like $10 cheaper so, I decided to get this one instead.

I haven't tried anything from IT Cosmetics and honestly I haven't heard too many reviews about their products just yet so I didn't really know what to think about them. Not gonna lie, their packaging's pretty lovely and I'd say it'll be worth the try!



Cover(t) Stick Corrector in Getting Warmer by Marc Jacobs

I've been waiting to get my hands on this! I did want to get the glow stick highlighter as well, but like I said, I already have a beautiful highlighter from Urban Decay which seems to be lasting forever - I use it almost everyday and I'm nowhere near hitting pan. I got this one first, just to act as a more subtle bronzer, I know it's meant to conceal but it was a whole lot darker than my skin so it'd make a good soft contour as compared to the Stila Duo that I have, though that product blends out so well. 

Either way, I'm really excited to give this a go, I may end up really loving it as a concealer and it'll still be a win-win situation since I haven't really been using concealer lately and my concealers are all almost empty. 



Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Pressed Setting Powder by Tarte


This one's relatively straight forward, I've the loose powder in my collection already, and I wanted to get the pressed powder so that I could put it in my makeup bag to bring around. I realised it came with the little brush but somehow it didn't exactly fit in the compact, like I couldn't close the compact, so that's a bit of a bummer for me. 

Either way, I'm really excited to start using this when I have touch ups throughout the day etc etc. It's a very fine, translucent powder so it doensn't make up you super white or anything which is really great!




Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm by NYX

Ahh, so when B was back from Korea, we hunted for this for AGES. I managed to get one for her before she flew back but I was still debating if I wanted to get it for myself just yet. So when I saw they hada bunch at the NYX counter, I obviously had to just grab it. I wished they had the Soft Spoken shade, which was a nude mauve shade but I didn't see it at the counter, so I just got this one. 

This is a basic nude shade and the formula isn't too drying, for me at least. I know another one of my friends that bought another shade a few months back wasn't too fond of the formula. However, the colour payoff is amazing. I've the orange one, that I've talked about in my previous makeup haul. Unlike that one, this colour isn't too bright so I can just apply it without worrying about how insanely striking the colour will be!



Body Scrub in Fresh Water Lily by Estelle & Thild

I bought this a little on impulse. I've been using Soap & Glory's body scrubs, alternating between their Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub and their Sugar Crush Body Scrub, for a long time and I thought I'd give this one a go for a change. I did think about getting the usuals from Soap and Glory but to be fair, my bathroom only has space for one tub at a time, so I thought of giving this a go, and seeing which one I'd reach out to next. 

I must say that Estelle and Thild have such beautiful smelling products, it's crazy. I took a while to debate between this scent and the Spring Rose scent. I loved them both, but this one smelt a lot more gentle on the nose so I figured this would be great. I haven't used this in the shower just yet, because I don't use scrubs every single day, but I cannot stop sniffing it because it's just so wonderful. 

I just wished I found a candle that smelt like this, to be honest!



Sweet Almond Polish Powered By Matcha in Mayfair Market by Nails Inc


How on earth could I ever pass such a beautiful colour? I love everything Rose Gold, and this nail polish is no exception. I'd say it's nearer to a bronze at this point but hey, I love bronze/copper as well. I have not tried this particular formula by Nails Inc but hey, they're my new favourite brand and I've no qualms giving this formula a go, especially with such a pretty colour!

Oddly, I had no intentions of getting any nail polish that day, but I happened to walk past the Nails Inc counter and this (obviously) caught my eye and I just had to pick it up. I didn't think, because it was from Nails Inc and it was rose gold. I may not even want to use any other brand of nail polish every again.



If you've read up till here, thank you so much. I hope you have enjoyed this haul as much as I enjoyed shopping for them and writing it. I hope this does inspire you to get out there and grab a few things from Sephora or perhaps give you an idea of what I like to reach out for/what I look for in a product.

I'm thinking about using most of my new products to create a look and maybe do a tutorial, but I guess I'll have to plan it out a bit to see if it can happen. Till then, I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments