Chocolate & Coconut Granola

Hello Everyone!  

So I'm a huge fan of granola and I was in the mood for making something quick and easy ther other day, so I popped by NTUC on the way home from school and got some ingredients to make some! Store-bought granola may be amazing but they are packed with so much sugar and can be overly sweet which is not what you want to put in your body! 


XL
Yum yum!

Of course, it doesn't look as flawless as your normal granola, but this is so much better for you! I decided to keep the almonds whole for this recipe, but you can go ahead and chop them up if you prefer them that way!


XL
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Almonds
2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
1/3 cup Desiccated Coconut
2 - 3 teaspoons Unsweetened Cocao Powder
5 tablespoons Honey (Use Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar to make this Vegan!)


XL

XL

XL

XL
DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients well together in a bowl 


XL
2. Stir in the honey until everything is coated. 

I find that it's okay to have clumps here and there, but if you're not fond of those then just stir the mixture up more to even it all out.

3. Pour onto a baking sheet. 
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the mixture becomes a little more browned. 

 
5. Leave to cool before storing in a container of your choice!

I decided to sprinkle some fresh desiccated coconut over the baked granola!


 
 Serve up with yogurt like I did here! 

I find that these do keep for a long time, but mine finish within two weeks or so (if I have it everyday). These go great with smoothie bowls as well, which is my favourite way of having my granola! Yum yum!

I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and give it a go! If you do, don't forget to tag me on instagram ^^ Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne



Comments