Everyday Make Up Routine

Hey everyone! 

I've decided that it would be nice to share my everyday make up routine! I'd say my everyday make up is relatively basic and slightly on the lazier side. For those of you who like getting your make up done in less than 15 mins, This would be good for you! 



I pretty much wear this look everyday. 

I like to have my hair down most of the time and I rarely tie up my hair. The only time I bun it up is when the weather is absolutely unbearable or when I need my hair out of my face, mostly when I'm eating.. I guess I tend to cut a few corners here and there but hey, at least I don't look like I just woke up right? 

So let's get started! First of all, these are the products I'm currently using in my everyday make up routine! 


I don't know about you guys but I think I'd more or less get everything covered. 

Just to put it out there, I'm not very fond of using blushers and I'm currently very very obsessed with lashes and eyebrows at the moment. I think my focus has always been on the eyes so I'd always be focusing on something around my eyes. Alright, let's start the tutorial!




Of course, we start wit ha bare face. 

I just tied my hair up and put a hairband to keep my fringe and baby hairs at bay. Also, I always apply my Nivea whitening toner after washing my face with my daily cleansing wash from Garnier. I won't want to have my pores clogged before I put on any make up! My face tends to get oily around the t-zone so it's important for me to wash my face before putting any make up on. 



Primer/Foundation: Bigger than BB Big Easy Foundation by Benefit in 04 (medium)

I switch this up with the Benefit Porefessional from time to time. It really depends where I'm going for the day. This formulation includes SPF 35 and goes from a liquid to a powder which is prett y fantastic. I came across this product by accident when my brow girl at Benefit gave me a mini sample. I just thought it was great that I could change up between my two favourite bases now. 

Between these two, I'd say the Porefessional does give a smoother finish but has almost no coverage while the Bigger than BB definitely aids the cover up of my blemishes and redness so on a good day I may be able to reduce the usage of my concealer. This does go on my skin very nicely, though it is obviously a lot thicker than the Porefessional. 

At the moment, I can't decide which one from the two is my favourite because they do really different things. 



Conceal: Concealer Pen by Marc Jacobs in 4 (Late Show) 

I've been really loving Marc Jacobs make up lately, and I think I'm quite a huge Marc by Marc Jacobs fan as well so perhaps thats no surprise. I can't rememeber exactly when I started using the make up but it sure felt like a long time. I like this concealer because it's light and it gives just the right amound of coverage for a normal day out.

Its a liquid foundation so of course, it's not going to cake up or give you the highest coverage. But for me, it's perfect. It's easy to use because it's like a pen and it has a little pump. The colour blends really well too. I still use heavier coverage concealers when I go on shoots of course. 



 Eyeliner: Highliner Gel Crayon by Marc Jacobs in Blaquer 

This is my absolute favourite gel crayon. It beats all the crayon/kohl liners that I've ever used and I've repurchased this twice already because I love it. I'm currently into just lining my upper water line and just by the lashline instead of doing the winged liners. I thought it looked a lot more simple yet you still look like you did something to your face. 

I probably can't sing enough praises for this product because it comes off so pigmented and it stays on my waterline. It also doesn't smudge and even though I use it all the time, it lasts me for a long time so it's really one of my favourites! 

I also really love the felt tip liquid liner from Marc Jacobs as well, which is what I use for my winged liners. I tend to do winged liners when I want to look a tad bit more dressed up now. I've also repurchased the liquid liners almost 3 times already, it really is amazing. It stays on forever and it doesn't smudge! 

Sometimes, if I feel like doing something a little more, I like to smudge a bit of the Obey-Ge colour, which is a light shimmery pink, liner on my eyelid. Sometimes I also use it on my bottom water line and it really illuminates my eyes. I may just want to get more of the Highliner Gel Crayons because Blaquer and Obey-Ge have been stunning! 



 Lashes: Roller Lash by Benefit.

I think everyone has heard of this beautiful mascara and I don't know if there are any people who dislike it. If you dont like it , there's probably a high chance that you weren't able to experience it's full glory. My lashes look so long and curly and I ahven't touched my eyelash curler in the LONGEST time. 

I also came across this product when I was geting my brows done at the Benefit browbar and my brow girl let me have a go with it because I asked her about it. I loved the They're Real mascara but the Roller Lash has definitely overtaken it on my list by miles! 



 Eyebrows: Waterproof Brow Colour by Stila in Dark and Amazonian Clay Volumising Brow Powder by Tarte in Black Brown

I've been loving Stila products for the longest time and I'm kind of annoyed that my brow colour liner is constantly sold out when I try to get a new one. If I'm not wrong, they've changed tha packaging and I really need to get a new one because I'm running out! I like to use these are the corners of my eyebrows just to get the very tips sharp because my brows are actually kinda wonky. 

Then, with and angled brush, I just fill in my brows with the Tarte brow powder. I was skeptical at first because I never really used anything from Tarte so I'm glad my experience with this product has been really great so far! You don't need much of it so very tiny bit of this powder goes a very long way. It's pigmented but it isn't difficult to blend so that's pretty brilliant, no? 



Bronzer: Bronzing Powder by Sephora in Medium 

i've never really used any Sephora products and I was pretty surprised by this bronzing powder. It's really pigmented and it smells realyl pretty. I struggled to get used to how pigmented it was at first but when I got used to it, it works really well. I was using the Stila one before this and a random one I found in my make up box in between while I was looking for a new Bronzer. I would say my Stila one was a lot more pigmented but the 'random' one in between was a lot harder to work with because it took a while to get any colour on my face at all. 

Honestly, I'm not too fussy when it comes to bronzers and I tend to stinge when it comes to contouring my face on normal days (thus I skip highlighting), so honestly I can't really give a solid review on how this product fairs in the market. 



 Powder: Studio Fix Compact by M.A.C in NC30 

I've been using this forever (more or less a few years) and I've repurchased it many times. A little goes a long way and I've never loves any other powder more than M.A.C's. I love how it sets my make up and gives me nice matte looking skin and the powder just lasts all day and it does give a tiny bit of coverage as well. Defintiley has been and will be my favourite for a really long time. 



 Lips: Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rose

I have 3 of these in various colours and this one is my favourite among the lot. I have a deep red one and a clear one. This one is just a very gentle pink which just leaves my lips feeling amazing and it's just really pretty. These are a little pricey and tend to melt a little though. On the other hand, I'm not complaining because the formula is so moisturizing and the colours are great.

Did I mention these smell absolutely gorgeous!? 



 Finishing Spray: De-Slick by Urban Decay 

I don't know how many times I've repurchased and raved about this spray but I probably won't ever get tired of doing so because this spray has saved my make up countless times. I use it every single day no matter what make up I have on and it stays on significantly longer. 

Love this stuff!



 And the look is done! 

I hope you guys have enjoyed this tutorial and you guys get inspired to try out some of the products I've mentioned or even have similiar opinions or maybe even some recommendations for me! hit me up on social media if you do, my links are just at the bottom right of the page or you can head over to the contact page as well! The week is almost coming to an end so I hope you guys have had a great week and may the rest of the week be good as well~ 


xx
Shayne

Comments