Sephora 5th Anniversary Party x Sephora Haul

Hello everyone! 

So I was invited to Sephora's 5th Anniversary Party! I brought Sarah along with me and we had a pretty good time! It was my first time at a Sephora party, I'm never usually free for their events which is a shame because I'm quite a big fan of the store. I think if you've followed me on any of my social media accounts you would know how much I love buying stuff at Sephora.. Anyway, let's get on with the post!





After we registered and got the pink bands, we walked down the silver runway and had loads of Sephora staff cheering their welcomes at us which I thought was quite cute. Though I'm not too fond of hyper people, the whole welcoming thing makes you feel really happy and you just want to be just as cheerful as they are because it's a night to celebrate!




Of course, they had pretty cute stuff going around. They had simple canepé which I wasn't too fond of, champagne in mini bottles, colourful cocktails with coloured sugar sticks and my personal favourite; candy boxes! I loved the candy boxes a whole lot, the little marshmallows, cake pops and m&m's! I think each box had a different colour theme, but the girls holding these boxes were all so tall and slim they made me feel... short and fat. 





Of course, I never get tired of marvelling at this section! There was a storewide discount for the white card members (last day's today if I'm not wrong!) and everyone was buying stuff! I didn't get anything during the party because I was meant to bring a friend shopping the next day. So I spent my time just looking at things I would potentially buy.



We came across this little booth at the far corner of the store!

What happens here is you write a beauty confession. If your confession was deemed 'badass' like mine and Sarah's, you'd receive a free mini red lipstick and if it was deemed as a 'good/nice/I forgot" confession, you'd receive a mini pink lipstick! The lipsticks were from Make Up Forever.


The sad truth about my shopping addictions and my bad handwriting



These were our lipsticks! I'll give you guys a closer view later on!

So during the middle of the event we had quite a few performances by various artists. I can't remember them all but I definitely remember an item by Les Twins! I've heard of them but I've never seen them dance before and I'm glad I managed to catch them in action! Sad thing was that I wasn't one of the taller people at the party so I could only see their heads so I ended up watching them through someone's phone screen while they took a video.




Well, these were the only shots of the opening acts I could get.

Of course, those were taken when it wasn't too crowded, and we were standing right behind the stage. Not the best place to snap photos. :/ On the bright side, at least I got to hear their performances so half the excitement was there. 




Beautiful models were standing around in little boxes as well! So so gorgeous!



You can't expect us to NOT get this done right?

Honestly I was wondering how the tattoo was going to be done, definitely not a real one because that's mental, but if it was a airbrush tattoo or.. whatever.. Apparently they used make up, I think creme shadows were what they used!


Clearly Sarah was really into it hahaha!


And it looks like I was being operated on.


Tada!

I had initially wanted to get mine across my back, just below the neck, but I had a nasty tan line from who-knows-where so I didn't want to take my chances. Plus it was going to be hard to remove it with make up remover at the end of the night. 



Sarah said I looked pissed in this candid.


But we had a proper shot after!


And we bumped into some friends too!

So like I said, it was a good night and upon our exit, we got ourselves a goodie bag as well! It was pretty massive and heavy, but when I opened them all when I got home, I was definitely surprised (in a good way).



1. Make Up Forever Lipstick 

Well this wasn't in the goodie bag but it was still one of the freebies! It's really really small but the packaging was really nice and it fits into your handbag pretty good.


Close up of the red. I'm sorry I didn't swatch it though, I kinda forgot. But its a brilliant red colour, and I don't now about how buildable the colour is since I didn't try it and I don't own any Make Up Forever products. Gave this to my mum since she had wanted a mini lipstick to carry around and she liked the colour.




2. Sephora Gift Card

Well I didn't really know what this was at first until I opened the tin case. I was hoping it was some form of card holder (which will probably be the case sooner or later) but I found a gift card inside!


Of course, I doubt there will be any money inside, why would they give away so much money in a goodie bag? But this makes a good present if you don't know what to get for someone. I don't know if I'm going to give away mine because clearly it was a given to me, but I don't really need a gift card and they're also readily available at the counters. Additionally, the tag on top has gone all bendy so maybe not this particular piece. I do have a few people who I know could use this card, maybe I'll just get a whole bunch when I go to Sephora again..




3. Assorted Vouchers

Well I guess you can never go wrong having vouchers in your freebie/goodie bag. Unfortunately, I don't use any of these vouchers, but I may give them a go.


  1. Strip waxing voucher
  2. Spa Esprit treatment voucher
  3. Browhaus a la carte discount voucher

I'm personally curious about the Spa Esprit one since I don't exactly know what they do, just that they have something to do with scents.




4. Sephora Make Up Box

So this was the biggest (and heaviest) surprise in the goodie bag. I was really excited when I saw this. I never really saw this in the stores so I'm guessing it's limited or perhaps old stock. Either way it doesn't matter because I really like it.




It's definitely smaller than the one I own, which is also from Sephora. But this looks a lot more luxurious because of the lining and it has a mirror on the lid!! But the little compartments are sort of stiff at the moment, I'm guessing because it's new, but I guess it'll loosen up over time.

That's basically all for the 5th Anniversary party! Now for the loots of yesterday's haul! So I was out shopping yesterday with my friend Abigail, she had some intense shopping to do since her prom's just next week, so I thought it'd be good to bring her to Sephora to not only get her registered as a white card member, but to also utilise the 20% storewide discount!

She bought quite a few things, mostly just basics for her to play around with and experiment since she just started on her make up journey! If anyone's interested, I may do a post with a collection of recommended make up products (of my personal choice) for beginners. But for now, I'll just go on to what I bought!


1. Christmas Presents

Christmas isn't too far away, so I guess it's about time I started shopping for them anyway. I started with my parent's presents. For the sake of the surprise, I'm not saying what I bought, though I think the packaging does give it away.. Sort of.



I can't get over how pretty the M.A.C sticker is! I'm a fan of the black and gold colour scheme so I kinda wished that I got myself another paper bag or just the sticker for the fun of it. 

These presents are now sitting comfortably under my christmas tree waiting to be opened! 




So these are what I bought for myself!

I didn't buy THAT many things as compared to my previous hauls, then again I never buy too many items at a time when I go to Sephora. But there have been quite a few products I've been wanting to try, and what better time to buy them than now when they have that awesome discount?



2. M.A.C Lipsticks

I'm beginning to go way overboard with M.A.C Lipsticks. I have a few Cremesheens and one Amplified, so I decided to add to my Cremesheen collection and begin my Frost collection with these two! I've recently started to really like orange lip colours after I decided to purchase my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. I really love M.A.C lipsticks so I thought it'd be good to get hold of an orange one as well, though I ended up buying two..



Frost Lipstick in CB 96

This is the Frost Lipstick, its more of a matte shimmer, I haven't tried it on my lips just yet but when I swatched it on my hand, it's definitely a lot less moisturising that the Cremesheen range. This one's just a burnt orange colour, a bit more to the dark coral I think. I never owned a colour like this so I just wanted to give it a go. 



Cremesheen Lipstick in Saigon Summer

Buying this colour was like hitting the jackpot for me. There was another orange one in the Amplified range but that was just way too bright for me. Cremesheens are very buildable and I love that about them, also, I find that they are the most moisturising range. This one's identical to the revlon balm stain that I own, so I think that balm stain will be sitting on my shelf for the longest time while I use this lipstick.



Swatches!

The one on top is the CB 96 (I personally think it's a strange name for a lipstick) from the Frost collection and below it is Saigon Summer from the Cremesheen collection. As you can see, CB 96 isn't really as glossy as Saigon Summer and is a lot more pigmented. But either way, I really cannot wait to use either of them!




3. Stila CC Cream in Medium 04

I've been hearing a lot about CC Creams being the new hype. I wasn't a fan of BB Creams last time because they made my skin look pale, but flawless. I wanted to try CC Creams for myself so I got one from Stila, which was one of my very first brands of make up besides Anna Sui




Well, it's a strange colour.

The thing is, as you blend it into your skin, I noticed that it turns skin toned and it straight away matched my skin colour. I'm extremely new to CC Creams, so new that I only found out that 'CC' meant 'Colour Correcting' after I had purchased the product and I had no idea how choosing the colours worked since everything was a weird far-away-from-skin-toned-colour. 

Somehow, it seems like I picked what was right for my skin so either this is some crazy colour detection technology or I was really lucky. 




4. Percy & Reed Mini Dry Shampoo

I've been wanting to get dry shampoo for a while. I intended to get the one from Lush, but I figured that getting a spray-on one would be a lot better for me since I intend to carry this around with me. I found this near the check out counters so I just grabbed it since it was right in front of me. 



I quite like the bottle..

I've yet to give it a whiff, but I'm hoping it doesn't stink since my hair is probably going to smell of it when I spray it in. I figured it'd be good to bring around especially when I have shoots that last for the whole day or if I'm just having a really long and busy day.





5. Benefit Fake Up Concealer in Medium 02

I came across this product a while back when I purchased my Erase Paste and I've been debating if I'd want to give it a go. I figured I should just try it. I have combination skin and my cheek area has the most balanced skin, with my T-zone being oily and my chin area being dry. Since this product was going to be around my under eye area, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too bad.







Swatched!

Basically, i has a ring of moisturiser around the correcting pigment. I got the medium tone (though it seems to look really light on my hand) because the darkest tone was wayy too dark for me and the lighter tone was too fair. I could only wish I was that fair. But it has good moisture power, but I'm still not sure about the coverage and the staying power, but I'll find out sooner or later. 



That's all for this post! If you guys happen to see this, I hope you've made your way down to a Sephora store near you to enjoy the super awesome Storewide discount (after you've signed up as a White Card member). If you missed this opportunity, not to worry because I'm sure Sephora will have yet another Storewide discount in a few months or something.

I hope you've enjoyed this post and that I've somehow inspired you to grab everything you can get your hands on at Sephora!


xx
Shayne

Comments