The September Splurge

Hello everyone!

It's only the beginning of the month and this is my first post of October yay! I've been receiving my shopping packages from online shops that I've ordered from in September. Additionally, I've bought a few other things in the past week so I thought I'd do a blogpost about them for fun.

I've decided to split this post into 3 different sections : Make Up/Beauty, Clothes/Accessories, Technology.

First up, of course, would be make up and beauty products!


Kept them in the packaging just so that I could do this blogpost. Heh.

I didn't buy all of these at the same time of course, in fact, I just received one earlier today and bought one last night. I've seen beauty gurus raving about some of these products so I really wanted to give them a go. I've also tried a product or two from my friends who happened to have them and since I loved the product so much I decided to head out to get them for myself.




1. Anna Sui Fairy Dance Eau De Toilette

So I received this earlier today. This was supposed to go along with the rest of the products I got from in my Anna Sui Haul but it was out of stock at that time. A week or two after receiving my entire loot of Anna Sui Products they told me I was able to buy a bottle of this perfume, so I did.




Look at that detail!

So this one's the 30ml bottle. It's pretty small, fits into my hand nicely (my hand's aren't exactly massive by the way) but look at how beautiful that bottle (and the box) is!

I have the mini version of this scent. It came in the set of mini Anna Sui perfumes that I've mentioned in my September Favourites blogpost. I really liked this one, it's more of a fresh floral scent. I like this for days when I'm just going out during the day and it's all sunny. Perhaps if I'm going to the park or beach or something. I wouldn't use this in the night though.




2. Bioderma Micelle Solution

I've heard about this product from quite a few YouTubers and my friend Bev had wanted to give this a go as well. So I thought to myself, why not get one at the same time?


Yay free eye treatment!

So I got the small bottle just to try out. The bottle Bev got had a slightly different formula, I can't remember what skin type it caters to but it was the green/blue one. I got the one for sensitive skin since mine's combination but tends to lean towards the sensitive skin. Apparently my pack came with 5 sachets of eye treatment too, I guess I'll try giving those a go once I start using the solution.

I will probably do a separate post on the eye treatment but it won't be any time soon since I will only use it once I start using the solution itself. I still have a bit of my current remover which is by Bioré so I'm going to finish that up first before trying this one out!




3. Morrocan Oil Treatment Light

I've heard about this product from Gregory Gorgeous a while back. I think it was in one of his monthly favourites videos but I can't remember which one. Also, Bev got it as a gift and she let me have a go and it is AMAZING. It makes my hair (and hands) feel so smooth and I don't know how weird it is but..

I really love the smell of it.



Cool bottle's gotta be cool.

Well I don't know about you guys but I really like the packaging too. I still have a bit of my grape seed serum which I've mentioned in my August favourites blogpost so I'm going to finish that one up first. I got my bottle at a salon at Holland Village. They have a range of Moroccan Oil products and the one I got wasn't the normal formula (as you can see the bottle says 'Light'). The lady at the counter told me to try the light one out so.. I hope it works well because apparently this formula's for thin hair and my hair isn't exactly thin, nor is it thick... I guess it's in the middle? We'll see.




4. Bioré Pore Pack (Black)

 This one was a random purchase. I've tried one piece earlier in the week (I think it was one Monday) and I quite liked it! I should probably do a blogpost on this when I do it next because it's quite a bit of fun. The pack recommends that I do one pore pack a week so this will last me quite a while, yay!




5. The Face Shop Lovely Me Design My Eyebrow Pencil in 02

I happened to stumble upon this product when I had lost my eyebrow pencil and I borrowed one from my friend.. Though I can't remember which friend it was because we were all in a rush to get ready for a performance that night. But I remember liking this product.



Zoom in on the details~

As you can see, this pencil doesn't have the typical round lead that the normal eyebrow pencils have. Which is exactly why I like this product. I'm terrible at shaping my eyebrows so this angled lead makes my life a lot easier. So this one's going in my make up bag and replacing my (regretfully) lost Elianto one.




6. GOSH Eyebrow Pencil

This next one happens to be the biggest impulse buy ever. I've never heard of this line of cosmetics (apparently it's from Denmark?) and they have a hair care range too. I happened to walk into Sasa the other evening, looking for a few things and one of the sales assistants introduced me to this line. I admit, the packaging is really beautiful and their argan oil wasn't too bad either. But I'll stick to my Moroccan Oil treatment.



Close ups~

Well unfortunately I didn't check the product properly and only realised that it was a normal pencil type, not those retractable pencil sorts that I like. I was feeling a little annoyed with myself because I adore the packaging but now I have to worry about sharpening it when the lead goes blunt. I'm a lazy person so a product like this is not for me.

On the bright side, I quite like the product because it's quite pigmented and it applies on really easily. I'm used to using my dark brown so this one can be a little too drastic for me, so sometimes I blend this with one of my browns from my palettes and I'm good to go!



Next up, I'd like to talk about my loot from The Scarlet Room.

As you all know, TSR is my absolute FAVOURITE blogshop. I get most of my clothes from there, the pieces I've bought from them probably make up 40% of my wardrobe. In fact, 95% of my clothes which I've bought online's from there.

The studded jacket I'm wearing in my banner at the top of my page is from there. #justsaying

I love the material of their pieces and the quality's really good as well. Most of their products are chic and clean cut. Mostly monotones or dark colours which are totally up my alley. I've never had a single problem with their services or their products so I definitely recommend this blogshop to anyone out there who's looking for chic affordable online clothes.

Just to prove to you guys how much I love them, I'm going to share what I've bought from them in late September!


1. Floral Print Skirt in Dark Blue

So it took me a while to convince myself to get this skirt. I've been looking at it in their online store for a while but I finally decided to get it! 


Side view~

I think it was a pretty good buy. This one comes in a light blue version as well (I think it's sold out) but I prefer  wearing dark clothes so I chose this one without having to think much. I was worried the skirt would be too short but it ended up being just right! I can't wait to wear this out!




2. Geometric Skirt (Version 2) in Black

I bought the white version earlier in September at First Day when I was walking around Plaza Singapura and I loved it! So I went back to the online store to purchase the black one. 


I love the material and the length of it. I rarely buy the same pieces in different colours unless they are basics like plan tanks of bodycon skirts. This skirt isn't exactly a basic but I loved it so much that I just had to get them in both black and white so that I can wear them more often with different tops.




3. Lightweight Parka in Military

This one's been on my wish list for a while. Took me a long time to find a parka that I really liked and I think this piece had been sitting in TSR's catalogue for a while but I've somehow managed to overlook it. Well, I bought it the moment I finally realised it was there.



Close up of details~

So of course, this one's pretty oversized, but I don't mind. I quite like it that way. Plus as the name says, it's really light, plus point right there! I'm just waiting for the perfect rainy day to wear this baby out and pair them with one of my Dr. Martens boots!




4. Crystal Earrings

It's my first time buying an accessory from them. I rarely buy accessories unless I really really love the piece. I tend to buy a lot from Topshop. I also rarely get earrings because I always like to wear the same ones all the time. I wanted to build up my earring collection again so I picked these up!


I really really like these! They don't feel too heavy on my ears and that's a plus. My ears a re a little sensitive so I don't think I can wear these earrings for a long time, but I definitely cannot wait to use them!



Lastly, I'm going to talk about the technology that I've got my hands on.

I'm basically a mountain troll. My friends and family would know that I'm terrible with technology, so it's pretty weird that I've spent quite a bit on tech stuff, or the fact that I've read up and actually thought about purchasing these products to begin with. So, let me show you what I've picked up.


I swear, buying these two products made me feel like I've actually caught up with the world of technology. Either that or I've become a more creative person, or that I'm going to have a lot more fun making my videos. 

Either way, I'm proud of myself. 


1. Samsung Switch Grip HD Camcorder

I've been taking videos (and all these blog photos) with my beloved Canon 500D but I was beginning to get tired of having to set the focus and re-shooting when I've set the focus wrongly because it won't auto-focus for me. So I decided it was time to invest in a camcorder.



It's so TINY!!!

If you saw my twitter and instagram, you would have seen how excited I was about how small and pretty this thing is. I loved the touchscreen and the fact that it has the switch grip (means it's good for both lefties and righties) function too! So when I saw this on the Samsung website, I just had to get it. Unfortunately, they only shipped to the US and I'm in Singapore so obviously there was a massive problem.

Until my cousin kindly shone light on a website called ComGateway. So this website practically opened the gates to online shopping heaven for me. Their services are fast and efficient so I really have to thank them for getting this lovely beauty to me in less than 2 weeks!

Before I brag about how smart I felt about getting this shipped to me without much of a problem. I realised that I wasn't so smart after all. I never thought that I would ever forget that my camcorder would need a memory card, or that my camcorder would not have one coming with it. So I cannot use my camcorder just yet, until I figure out what kind of memory card is compatible and then getting my bum out of the house to actually buy it. Hopefully when I do, I will get the correct one.




2. Wacom Intuos Manga Pen & Touch Tablet

Well this looks like something I'd never be able to use. But on the contrary, this thing is idiot proof so I'm pretty much having the time of my life using it! 



I simply connect it to my laptop like so~

So it's a pretty simple tool. I got the smaller one because I didn't need a massive tablet. I love that it has both the pen and touch features so I can use this as an extension of trackpad too. Plus rotating and magnifying images becomes a lot easier. 

Have I mentioned that this product made me love using photoshop? 

I'm a looser at things like photoshop and all. As you can tell from my videos, it's all simple editing from iMovie application for Mac. (I bet everyone figured it out the moment I posted my first video. Haha) When I got this a few days ago, I realised drawing on photoshop was a lot more fun. It was also easier to edit the artwork I had drawn by hand and scanned into my computer. So this gadget saved a lot of my time and personalising the D'Arts new website is going to be a lot easier for me!



So this marks the end of my first post of the month. I hope you enjoyed it and are itching to try some of these products. *winks* As stated, I will do a separate post for the pore pack and the eye treatments soon too! So moving away from that, I've posted a new video late last week so check that out here! If you've managed to read my post all the way down here, you are magnificent and if we aren't friends yet, we should be friends. 


xx
Shayne

Comments