CNY Mini Lookbook

Hello everyone!

I hoped all of you had a wonderful Lunar New Year, with all the ang pows and yummy foods!!! I know my diet has definitely gone down the drain (but let's be real, I didn't have a diet to begin with). I thought I'd do a mini lookbook this year, I didn't go out yesterday so I didn't have an ootd for day 3, but here's day 1 and 2! 

I know it's a thing to get new clothes for the new year, but I didn't get the chance to shop this year and honestly, I didn't have much of a mood to shop either.


Day 1

Romper: Bali
Bag: Ted Baker
Boots: Promod

This year my lucky colours were Cyan, Black and Beige. I don't wear any cyan so I wandered off to blue. As you know, wearing black isn't very auspicious during the new year so I couldn't really go crazy with the black pieces that I own. I went for this romper that I got from Bali last year, it had some form of boho prints which I found very pretty and there were hints of blue so I supposed it all worked out! I also love flowy sleeves, so if you're wondering, yes, I do have this in different prints hahahaha. These are literally everywhere in Bali, in fact I got different prints from different shops, so if you're into these kind of rompers, you know where to get them!

My boots were pretty uncomfortable after a whole day of walking, they are so pretty though, black suede boots with a thick heel would always upgrade a simple romper, but my mistake was not letting my feet rest every now and then haha. Honestly, I wasn't too comfortable in this outfit because the romper's elastic and off shoulder so whenever I raised my arms, I had to pull it back down, off my shoulders. Then again, shorts are always a good idea because it's so warm~



Day 2

Jumpsuit: Editors Market
Belt: Topshop
Shoes: Edae (Seoul) 

Red is a very common colour to use during the new year. I never really wear red or maroon too much because I don't really think it suits my skin tone, especially orange-y reds. I did pick this up earlier this year from The Editors Market, I did pick a red dress which I ended up passing down to my cousins because I couldn't make the colour work for me. However, this piece, I think I quite like! 

I decided to throw on a belt because the jumpsuit doesn't flatter my waist very well on its own, so I needed something to cinch the waist a little bit! I've been wanting t use this belt from Topshop as well so I was super excited when it looked good with the jumpsuit. I also love the slits in the pants of the romper, I won't feel super warm in the humid weather and it also looks great when you walk or swish around for photos. I love it! I did get this in a pink floral print as well, unfortunately, I've to stay away from pink this new year which is relatively inconvenient. 

I learnt my lesson from the day before and went for shorter heels. I got these from Edae when I went to Korea last year. I love these shoes because they're great for everyday wear, I did get two more pairs from the same shop, I wished I got more because they're so pretty and so comfortable, but they aren't brilliantly cheap either so perhaps 3 pairs was my quota at that point haha. 


Before I end this blogpost, I'd like to mention that I did colour my hair for the Lunar New Year, and I will be talking more about it in my next blogpost so do look out for that. But to cut to the chase, thank you Liese for giving me your hair colour supplements and limited edition hair colours to try out! This colour is definitely growing on me! 

I'll be ending the blogpost here, I hope you guys enjoyed this little one, I did want to take a lot more photos for this post but it turns out that I had more houses to visit than i expected! I'll see you in my next post! 


xx
Shayne

Comments