Barbershop Ristorante @ Salute Coffeeshop

Hey everyone!

I know I don't rave about food that much and I'm quite the picky eater, but I was kindly invited to Salute Kopitiam to check out Barbershop Ristorante! I'm not the most adventurous with food so I was pretty worried about going there as I wasn't too familiar with the menu that they were going to have.


Took a seat at the outdoor area

And got my hands on the menu!

I was debating between the lasagna and the veal shank and risotto, so I decided to walk over to the little stall to ask for their opinion and they mentioned the lasagne was going to be a heavier meal. So of course, I went for the veal shank and risotto!


There were loads of other food to choose from of course!

Salute carries a series of cuisines, the Barbershop is Italian, in case you're wondering! And before anyone says anything, yes, I did contemplate on the tasting menu but it was just B and I that day and I wasn't sure how much food there was gonna be so, we opted to get our own mains. I would consider heading back there to have the tasting menu, but with more friends of course!


Truffle fries

So I had ordered from the Barbershop and B ordered from a french stall called Garde Manger. These truffle fries were from there, they were pretty good! And super filling.


Griller Angus Tenderloin

B's main, I did take a tiny bite and it was pretty good! I must say that the plating is really really pretty too! Honestly, I wasn't too sure how much it cost, my apologies!

Crème Brulée

Well we had this last but I thought I'd just mention it first since it was also from Garde Manger. I loved it, and obviously, B did too. We have crème brulèe every time she comes back to Singapore for some reason. I don't see why not since we both love it. This was amazing, now you may think it's a really small serving and you're right, however, it's just right because the crème brulèe is pretty rich, so just that bit is enough and the fresh berries freshen your mouth after all that sweetness.

Yummmm~


Ciders!

Of course, we didn't miss the chance to grab us a naughty little cider each! I had gone for a Mango and Passionfruit cider while she had gone for a classic apple.

Ossobuco Alla Milanese

My risotto in all its glory!

And this was my main from Barbershop! I must say I was so overwhelmed when I saw the plate. My first thought was 'I thought it was the lighter option?', well, I'm not complaining because it was so worth my money! The meat was tender, I didn't even need a knife. The risotto was so delicious and fragrant. I think it's needless to say that I had more than just a little trouble finishing my meal.


More about the Barbershop!

It was founded Walter El Nagar, who is originally from Milan. The Barbershop has been around the world, in places like Southern California, Spain, Russia and Mexico which I think it's pretty interesting because their next stop was a little Kopitiam in Singapore!


As for Salute Kopitiam, it brings casual dining into the heartlands. Apart from French and Italian cuisines, they carry other cuisines such as German,  Indian and New Age American. All these, in a comfortable little coffee shop at Bukit Merah. 

Location: 119 Bukit Merah Lane 1, Singapore 151119 
Opening hours: 11am-3pm, 5pm-10pm (closed on Mondays)


I hope you guys have enjoyed this little insight into Barbershop Ristorante and Salute Kopitiam. I know it looked pretty empty in my blog but we went at such an odd hour (aka closing time) because I somehow forgot that they closed at 3pm. But I'm very sure it's bustling at night because it' a pretty nice place to drink if you're looking to drink around the heartland area.

I did include this in my little cafe hopping vlog that I'll be posting up this Thursday so do look out for that! I'll be signing off here for now, till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne