Birthdays with Huckleberry

Hello everyone! 

I know I post quite a bit about Huckleberry Cakes but I really think they're underrated. Their cakes and cupcakes have been well received by my family and they are my go-to people when I want to get a cake for any occasion. 

For this post, I will be talking about their Tofu Cheesecake in Strawberry flavour! They have two other flavours: Mango and Oreo, so I guess I know where I'm getting my Oreo Cheese cake next year. Anyway, let's talk about the cake!

Of course, it was my parent's birthdays! 

My mum loves cheesecakes and my dad isn't the biggest cheese fan, so I figured this would have been a great time to give the tofu cheesecake a go! So there's a sort of jelly layer with fresh strawberries that sat on top of a layer of creamy tofu cheese cream (I have no idea how describe this accurately) and all that nestled on a delicious biscuit base!



Now, you know how to get to them guys. 

If you got to this point in the post: Awesome! Thank you~ Keep on reading because there's something interesting for you guys towards the end! ;) 



Got a small cake since it was just my parents, myself and W~


I guess it was a good choice because it was all gone!

W and I had a slice each, W really hates cakes (just throwing it out there), and I stuffed myself silly at the buffet so I was beyond my food limit to eat anymore. Then again, my parents literally ate the rest of the cake. I think that says something because we never finish a cake on the day itself so that was pretty damn amazing.


 

Even a tiny slice is gorgeous!

The cake in general isn't very sweet which is one of Huckleberry's major plus points. The tofu cheese layer was really creamy and soft. It wasn't dense at all so it was a plus point in my situation (since I was this close to bursting from the food). 

In my opinion, a really light take on a cheesecake and a perfect vegan and gluten free option! So, to my readers out there who are vegan and need a sweet fix, you know where to go~ 



A photo with the cake is always mandatory~

Just in case you guys were wondering where dinner was, we had the Todai buffet at MBS which was glorious and amazing. Definitely worth the money and the diet cheat. I didn't snap many photos that day because I was too excited about the cake so I won't be blogging about Todai. But trust me, the spread is amazing and the food quality is amazeballs! Did I mention the service was on point too? 

Back to Huckleberry, do visit their facebook and instagram page! 

For those of you wonderful people who made it to the end of this post, thank you, and some awesome news is that they've given me a discount code for you guys! 

Quote "chinaphilidoll" for a 5% discount on their cakes! 

Terms and Conditions:
All preorders to be made 3 weeks in advance.
Discount code is not applicable to pop-ups and bake sales

Enjoy the code guys! I hope you get to enjoy their cakes as much as I have been all year! Till my next blogpost! 



xx
Shayne






Comments

  1. wow! The cheesecake looks yummy! ^^
    I actually haven't heard of a Tofu Cheesecake before - I'll have to try it out one day (my dad also especially loves cheesecakes!)
    oh! Is the Todai buffet an international buffet?
    Btw, I’d love to invite you to join my blog giveaway!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2015/10/charrmyn-2nd-blog-anniversary-mini.html
    xx Charmaine

    charrmyn || Join my Blog Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweets! Do give it a go! It doesn't have a 'cheesy' taste like normal cheesecakes do though but it is delicious! As for Todai, yes it is international!

      And thank you for the invite, I'll give a shoutout for you on twitter and facebook too! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment