Jill Stuart Unboxing | Sponsored

Hey everyone!

If you saw last week's blogpost and vlog, you would have seen the sneak previews of the Jill Stuart Beauty product launches that will be happening at Sephora on the 29th of March! They have very kindly given us some of their products as door gifts, and I'm super excited to share them with you and to give you my own thoughts on them! 

To watch my vlog from the event, click here

The packaging alone is just so pretty!

If you've read my previous post or seen the vlog, you'd know how pretty everything at the event was and that it's my dream to be surrounded by such pretty aesthetics :') 

Oh my goodness!!!! 

Just look at the products!! I didn't expect to receive the mirrors and that many other products, but believe me, I was very pleasantly surprised!! The personalisted lipstick that they had given us was already so mindblowing but all these literally made my day/week/month!

And these are the gifts, all laid out nicely for your viewing pleasure ;)

I've already given all the products a go over the past few days and you can expect to see some in my March faves next week ;)




Lip Blossom in #54 Girly Camellia

This was the gift that we got to customise when we first walked through the doors. We didn't pick the shade, but we did get to pick the name that was engraved onto the cover. I thought it was such a simple yet nice touch to a door gift. 

I don't usually get out of my own way to have something with my name on it, in fact, I don't usually like having my name on things - like those name pencil cases/mugs/keychains, I tend to really not like those things, but I do like things that are unique (hence my DIYs) and this small customisation makes sits right in my comfort zone when it comes to having my name on things! 

This shade is right up my alley, I'm so happy that this was the shade I received! It's a coral/peach shade, definitely something I'd go for. The formula is creamy and doesn't dry my lips. However,  to me, the colour pay off isn't mindblowing, and because it's so creamy, it won't stay on the lips very long. It's definitely something that will go away after a while.


Loose Powder Blush in Cherished Love

This was one of their highlighted products, and I can see why. The packaging is so unique, as well as the floof/poof/brush/applicator. I'd say this was inspired by the softness of dandelions. I don't usually wear blush, but this product definitely transformed me.

This shade is a dark coral, more to the pink-ish side. I'd be looking out for the orange-y shade when the products are released in Sephora! On the downside, it's definitely different from your normal blush application, but it is quite fun. You can't do much of a swipe application with this, so you need to be careful when you tap the product onto your cheeks - you'd want to go very little at a time and build the colour.


Hand Mirror



Mirror Compact

These mirrors were just so gorgeous! I don't usually carry a mirror with me that's as big as the compact they gave, but it's perfect for travelling. Also, the casing is a good protection for it, so no worries of a cracking mirror!

To me, the hand mirror is something that sits in your vanity but I personally won't know when I'd be using it. Then again, it's something I'd just buy for no reason just because it's THAT pretty.


Mixed Blush Compact in Sweet Primrose

This one's an interesting one! Like I said before, I'm not really into blushes, and this product intimidated me quite a bit because of the colour. I must say the attached brush does make things quite fun and very travel friendly!

I did give it a go on my cheeks, and it wasn't particularly something I'd go for. I tried it again as eyeshadow and I love it! I'm not actually sure if anyone else does this but it's been something I've been doing especially with my MAC blushes when I stopped bothering about adding colour to my cheeks. 


Jelly Eye Colour in Diamond Snow

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Hands down, my favourite thing from the entire box, and from her collection. I love eyeshadows and I love glitter/shimmer. This works so well and it blends nicely. It isn't sticky and it gives such a brilliant shine. I've been using cream shadows by Pony Effect and I love them to death. This jelly colour is perfect for the under-eyes and inner corner because it's such a light colour.

My only issue is that these colours are suited for very fair skin and I'm so tanned (much to my dismay), so sometimes these colours pop too much for my liking! I wouldn't be able to wear the light pink shade because it'll end up looking like a white!


Ribbon Contour Eyes in Vintage Satin

The colours are right up my alley! I've quite a few eyeshadow palettes so this would stack up with my travel palettes. The consistency is smooth, despite the intense shimmer so it's a definite plus! Creamy shadows with high pigmentation is always a good one!

To me, this is more or less on the metallic side already, but I'm not complaining. This may be something that you use sparingly, the colour payoff is pretty good so you need to be careful about slapping these colours on!

I did give this a go before writing this review (or else, how will I be able to write it, right?), but realised I don't exactly need the colours this much because I've a lot of them in my other palettes, so I passed this little palette to my mum since she likes to bring make up around with her and she loves neutral colours like these as well!


With that, I'm ending this week's blogpost! Don't forget that Jill Stuart Beauty will be launching in Sephora Ion on the 29th of March! I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost (let me know which was your favourite product!!), and I'll see you in my next one!



xx
Shayne

Comments