ShWang Adventures: Equinox Restaurant

Hello Everyone! 

So W and I hit our 1st year hurdle yesterday so he brought me over for a beautiful dinner at Equinox. I've only been there for brunch/lunch once and it was amazing so I was pretty excited to see what they had for dinner!

So we went there after school and all that, apparently we wore pretty matching outfits hahaha. I wore one of my favourite floral maxi dresses from H&M and her wore his brown floral shirt from ZARA with his trusty jeans. Matching indeed ^^ I think everyone in school caught the drift which was pretty cool since it wasn't really intended. 

Also, thank you to everyone who has wished us a happy 1st year! It means the world to us (:

So, on to the blogpost! 





If you're wondering, it's on the 70th floor~












Well, obviously the haze joined us. 

I was pretty excited to experience something like this with W so I couldn't really contain myself (probably since the day before) but the haze did disappoint me this time because it ruined the view. My camera refuses to capture how bad the haze was though.



After we made our orders (just so you know, the staff members are wonderful people), they gave us some complementary items which were really yummy!

Rosemary Butter Rolls with Unsalted Butter

Cheese Croquette

I'm a sucker for bread and cheese, so you can probably imagine how happy I was to see bread that was free-flow. W and I just shared one serving though, haha. The croquette had this tangy honey/dijon mustard sort of sauce was was perfect. I love honey mustard a lot so I was uber happy that we got to taste this chewy ball of fried cheese (But I'm sure it's more than that..)!




Feed us please~~

I liked how they paced the dishes, we had enough breathing time between our appetisers and main dishes and it's just enough to actually feel like you really want to eat something. I think we can obviously see that the photos are getting more and more grainy, we did start eating late-ish so there was very very little light left in the restaurant (as you saw one my snapchat~), but it was definitely romantic.



Chicken Soup

Foie Gras 

Appetisers!

We decided to share our appetisers, we got the chicken soup that had some mushroom/truffle puree type thing and they poured the chicken broth over. I'm a terrible food person, I can't taste individual things unless I'm the one cooking it. The foie gras was amazing as always, and the chutney that came with completed the entire dish. 

Oh yes, it was all amazing.





Sea Bass

Venison

Mains~

We decided to not dive into our safety blanket meat which was beef, and eat something else. I'd say the sea bass had a pretty exciting preparation, they blowtorch it right before you and small things like that is always exciting! I think you can see it for yourselves; the presentations are amazing. I was uber happy with my venison, cooked to a perfect medium rare and the beetroot just went with everything (in case you guys don't know, I LOVE BEETROOT). I didn't give the sea bass a go but W said it as pretty good!





DESSERT: Peach and Yogurt

You know your girl needed to get some dessert or the night is not complete. They do have pretty cool desserts but I ended up getting the Peaches and Yogurt because I love yogurt and the sound of a peach ravioli and vanilla panna cotta was too tempting to pass!

Just look at that presentation!

It tastes as good as it looks, the yogurt sorbet was nice and tarte, the peach puree wasn't too sweet and it was all creamy, the ravioli exploded in my mouth which was super fun, and the panna cotta, was really smooth and it wasn't anywhere beyond the sweet threshold. 





Hey there ^^

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost! Don't forget to follow me on snapchat (@chinaphilidoll) because I vlog on that and you can come along with me! 

Just a small announcement, I'll be attending the 3CE Launch at Sephora ION this Friday (Technically tomorrow) at 7pm so if you guys are coming, do say hi ^^ I may or may not blog about it, depending on how strangely tired or overly excited I will be but I definitely am looking forward to the launch and meeting Park Sora!! 

I hope you guys have been having a great week so far! Till my next blogpost! 



xx
Shayne



Comments