Top 10 Nail Polishes

Hello Everyone!

School has been hella hectic, but I finally have a whole day whereby I have no reason to leave my house so I thought I'd churn out a blogpost in between completing my assignments. I haven't done nail tutorials in almost a year, let alone nail related things so I figured I'd share my top 10 favourite nail polishes with you.

I haven't really updated my collection since my last video (which was probably in December last year), apart from the nail polishes that I received on my 21st Birthday this year so I don't think most of these polishes are new. I'm a fan of matte polishes, but I don't own any so I always use Essie's Matte About You over any colour I want and that gives the lacquer a matte finish. I've used so many bottles of it and I think it's bloody amazing. To pay tribute to that beautiful matte topcoat, I'll be showing you guys the colours on its own and with the matte topcoat.



Cremes 
I think these will be my ultimate favourite among the lot. Creme colours are always simple and they're very easy to remove and great for designing. They aren't too flashy, so you can get away with a bright neon colour and still have it pop just enough.


Nails Inc. Gel Effect Soho Place

So I got this on my 21st birthday and it's my only Gel Effect polish. It's got a pretty good formula. I love the shade of teal that is has and what I love most is that this doesn't chip (I usually wear my polishes for one week at the most, before removing them) so that's an absolute bonus.

In the Picture:
2 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 2/5



China Glaze Life is Rosy

I think would be my favourite shade of pink. I personally prefer this colour with the matte topcoat on, I never really wear this without the matte topcoat. In my opinion, this colour is perfect for Valentines Day.

In the Picture:
2 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 1/5



China Glaze Charmed, I'm Sure

This one has been hiding in my nail polish cupboard for a while and I only remembered I had it quite recently. This one's my favourite dark shade. I have other dark creme colours but this one's definitely the one I always go back to when I'm in a dilemma. Honestly, I prefer this one with a regular topcoat.

In the Picture:
2 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 1/5



Shimmers
I tend to like bright shimmers for some reason, also, I realised I have a thing for holographic colours. I'm not sure if it's obvious in my photos (probably not) though. Shimmers can be slightly harder to remove but they definitely have the easiest application as they tend to spread on a lot more even than the other kinds of polishes. On top of that, I realised that they tend to last the longest, so that's a mega bonus point.


 China Glaze Holographic Not In This Galaxy

This one just looks like a more metallic version of Life is Rosy but in real life, it's a lot prettier. Honestly, my photography skills are bad so I didn't do the colours any justice. But I really love this colour. On a bimbotic note, it makes me feel like a space barbie. But of course, the matte topcoat didn't work very well with it.

In the Picture:
2 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 2/5



O.P.I Austin-Tatious Turquoise

This colour is probably one of the few O.P.I colours that I really really like. Again, this one is slightly holographic but I couldn't capture that in my photo. If it isn't obvious enough, I tend to lean towards China Glaze. However, O.P.I has a fantastic brush, it's a lot thicker so it makes the painting process a lot faster. Then again, my heart still belongs to China Glaze nail polishes. My only issue with this colour is that it applies on very thin so I had to put on quite a few coats.

In the Picture:
5 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 3/5



Orly Space Cadet

I'm nearly out of this one, so I will be really sad when this completely runs out. Orly does have pretty colours but as I said before, my heart belongs to China Glaze. Space Cadet is one out of the three Orly colours that I own and it will always be a favourite. Also, this was my very first holographic colour so it definitely holds some sentimental value.

In the Picture:
5 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 3/5



China Glaze Harvest Moon

This colour is a favourite of mine AND mum's. I think I've repurchased this twice so this is my third bottle and I'll be just as sad when it runs out. I don't usually wear this on it's own because I love using this for details on a plain black nail, plus I think I don't really look good with bronze nails.

In the Picture:
2 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 3/5



Metallic
I'm not a real fan of metallic polishes so I don't own a lot of them. Most of the time I end up using the matte topcoat over them because I think it looks a lot better. They tend to take a lot longer than the rest to dry up as well and that's kinda annoying, but nonetheless, still pretty.


China Glaze Swanky Silk

This one's so very pretty. It's slightly holographic too. It has a slightly pink undertone which I thought was extremely gorgeous so that's how this metallic polish miraculously made it into my top 10. Sometimes this doesn't dry out as much as you would expect a polish to so it does tend to clump up when I use the nail polish remover. I'm not sure if it's because I apply too many coast or if it's just the formula.

In the Picture:
3 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 2-3/5



Glitter
I rarely use glitter polishes now, these used to be my absolute favourites, but as time went by, I felt that they were way too flashy and they were an absolute headache to remove. Plus, they chipped so much it was a real pain. Now, I only have a full glittered manicure if I have a special occasion like a party or something.


China Glaze Put a Bow On It

I think this was from last year's Christmas collection and I don't think I'll ever think otherwise. This colour really reminds me of christmas. I may just use it this christmas, just because. I don't know about you guys, but I love this colour with both regular and matte topcoats and that is the best thing about the fine glitters, they look fabulous no matter what topcoat you use!

In the Picture:
5 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 5/5



Topshop Gypsy Night

Last but not least, one out of the two Topshop colours that I own. I haven't been using the other one which is a deep emerald green. This one is definitely unique in its own way. I just love the different glitters. It's like the galaxy dropped into my hands and stained my nails in the most beautiful way possible. Unfortunately, this takes really really long to dry..

In the Picture:
3 Coats
Removal Difficulty: 4/5



I've come to the end of my post, I hope you guys liked it and let me know if you want me to talk about any specific types of nail polishes. I love exploring with colours and I think I've tried almost every sort there is, including the velvet and caviar ones. Seeya next time!

P.S. Have you been giving that banner on the top of my left sidebar a good clicking? ;)


xx
Shayne

Comments