Mrs & Classic Mrs Singapore Chinatown 2018: Talent and Cooking Segments

Hello Everyone!

Besides the Little Miss and Mr Tampines Pageant, another pageant is happening concurrently as well! I haven't blogged for a Mrs Pageant in quite a while, so I'm happy to present a blogpost for the Mrs and Classic Mrs Chinatown Singapore 2018! This is also a newer pageant to me, so I was definitely excited to see what was in stored! 

The following events happened over the weekend; the Talent Segment on Saturday and the Cooking Segment on Sunday, so I'll be splitting the blogpost into two parts accordingly. I think the talent round is pretty straight forward, right? As all the pageants have required, there will always be a talent round, and to me, that's one of the most exciting segments besides the evening gown segments! As for the cooking segment, I think these are unique to the Mrs pageants, and the ladies are required to come up with a dish according to the theme. This year's theme was 'Taste of Asia'! 

First, let's take a look at the talent round!


Our Emcee, Gerald and the lovely judges for the Talent Round:
Ms Dion Khoo, Ms Sumini Sakri, Ms Cheryl Ho, Mr Jay Lim and Ms Celestial Faith

Time to meet the finalists!

In case you aren't too familiar with the Mrs Pageants, there are two categories: Mrs and Classic Mrs. the 'Mrs' Category are for married women between ages 25 and 44, while the 'Classic Mrs' are for ladies between ages 45 to 65.

Let's take a look at their talents shall we? ;)



Contestant No. 1: Rita 

I thought it was a nice to open the show with a hip hop number, I realised that there hasn't been much hip hop items in the previous years that I have blogged, but we're kicking it all off with one this time!



Contestant No. 2: Jolin Zhu



Contestant No. 3: Lee Hsueh Er




Contestant No. 5: Sandra Wee

I've come to realise that there will always be one contestant that wears something that's tutu-inspired and for some reason, they always do a singing number. I thought it was just a funny thing but I couldn't help but think of it when I saw Sandra's costume before she went on stage! 




Contestant No. 6: Xu Huangli

Huangli's performance reminded me of one that I've seen in previous pageants, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then again, it was such a pretty performance! 





Contestant No. 7: Irene Soh 

I was so intrigued by her performance. It was stand-up comedy, which I thought was so unique! She really was quite funny from the moment she walked on stage. Her instagram's got a lot going on so you can check it out here.




Contestant No. 8: Sheryl Koh





Contestant No. 9: Ruby Lee

She's got supporters!!!

I saw a familiar face from the Little Miss and Mr Tampines Pageant happily waving the poster which I thought was soooo cute! I'm assuming it's Ruby's daughter (I could be totally wrong, but there's some resemblance there). Brownie points if you guys can guess which one's her daughter! ;) 




Contestant No. 10: Garine Ding

If you're wondering why she's holding a painting, she's an artist, and that painting was done by her which is stunning! And no, she didn't paint on stage, she sang for us!



Contestant No. 11: Lynn Tan

I was happy to see some unique acts in the Mrs category, now on to the constestants in the Classic Mrs catergory!




Contestant No. C1: Carine Lee




Contestant No. C2: Christina Heng





Contestant No. C3: Jovine Ritcher

She had some supporters too!

I was pretty enticed by her costume alone, and honestly, anything flowy like ribbons or the the wings used in belly dancing (someone please tell me what the right term is) will catch my attention for sure!





Contestant No. C4: Helen He





Contestant No. C5: Lincy Kwan






Contestant No. C6: Xiu Xiu Zhang

I thought I should say: My photos DO NOT do her justice.

I was very very entertained by her performance. She was channeling Mulan vibes and her technique was so beautiful to watch. Definitely wished I snapped better photos. Hopefully the offical photographers did, you can pop by ERM's page to see more!




Contestant No. C7: Kammy Mok




Contestant No. C8: Juliana Lim





Contestant No. C9: Kelly Mok

I think this was quite a show-stopper! In a good way of course. Not only because she was our last contestant, but she was so strong and flexible! I want to be able to move like her when I'm her age!

Time to tally the scores!

And we wait!

This year, both the talent and cooking segments were held at Big Box! I've personally never been to Big Box and I was so amazed by the amount of furniture being sold at one place! 

Had a tiny chat with the ladies while waiting!!


And its time!!!

Just for context (incase I've new readers who aren't too familiar with how the talent round will continue), the top 4 will be given the chance to showcase their talents during the grand finals! The finals will be held at the Orchid Country Club Ballroom on the 8th of December! 

And our top 4!

Congratulations ladies! From left to right: 

Contestant No. C6: Xiu Xiu Zhang
Contestant No. C9: Kelly Mok
Contestant No. C1: Carine Lee
Contestant No. 6 Xu HuangLi


And to end the day, a photo with the lovely judges!


And it's Day 2!!! Time for the Cooking Segment!

The cooking segment was held at the In and Out cafe, it was quite a small space, but I suppose it worked out in the end! Definitely had to tread super carefully while I was taking photos and walking in between the tables!!


Jolin was waving at me but I snapped a photo instead of a video :(


And they're ready!!! 

Our emcee for the day: Shannon 


And it begins!


















Are you drooling yet?

I was so hungry during the cooking segment so smelling all that delicious cooking was just making me more and more excited to see their en products! I was so excited to see pork chops being fried, and a lot of tofu going around too!


Some contestants had their little ones to help

Some had their other family members

Some had their other hubbies



Some decided to fly solo!

















And then it was time to serve the judges!!

Just to let you guys know, not all of the final products were pictured and they are not taken or placed in any particular order. From what I observed, the contestants served their food to the judges on a 'fastest hands first' basis, so when they were ready, they'd raise their hands up and prepare to present their dishes! 


Judges for the day (left to right)
Irene Santosa, Chef Ivan Yeo, Mr Aaron Tan and Ms Priscilla Koh.

Hardworking Herbert taking photos!!! 





Got me a cheeky little nibble. I was eyeing the pork chop for SO LONG AHAHAH.



And it was time to announce the winners!

Just to put it out there, there will not be anymore cooking rounds after this! And there are prizes to be given away for this round as well!




And out winners!!

Congratulations Ladies! 
Contestant No. 3 Lee Hseuh Er
Contestant No. 7: Irene Soh
Contestant No. C9: Kelly Mok

And we end with a group photo!!

A massive congratulations to the winners for both segments, and congratulations to all the ladies for making it this far in the competition! I definitely cannot wait for the finals in December! I'm so excited to see what the ladies will have prepared for us! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost (I'm sorry if you guys feel hungry after seeing the photos) and I'll see you in my next one!

xx
Shayne

Comments