Mrs & Classic Mrs Singapore 2017 Press Conference and Talent Segment

Hey Everyone! 

I've been really blessed to be blogging for the Mrs and Classic Mrs Singapore 2017! If you guys didn't know, I've covered last year's pageant as well, where I have met lovely ladies who have inspired me. I've always found this pageant very women-empowering, no matter how old they may be, which I think is the absolute beauty of the pageant. It's not just about celebrating youth and beautiful bodies, but also about celebrating the youth within and the beauty of married women, and mothers. 

Fair warning: this post will be VERY long, with loads of pictures of course. There seemed to be a bit of a confusion with the timings as well, the press conference had started at 1230pm but I had been told it was starting at 1pm. So, of course I missed most of it.  

Some people say that women start to 'expire' at the age of 25, well this pageant will prove you so wrong because these ladies are all above 25. They're continuing to do what the love and sharing it with everyone out there, which is brave and very encouraging. I think that it is so important to remind women that they are beautiful and they can make a difference, no matter what age they are at, even if they already have a loving husband at home who loves them dearly. 

This year's backdrop's really pretty!

For those of you who do not know about this pageant, I should tell you that there are two categories: Mrs Singapore 2017 and Classic Mrs Singapore 2017, both celebrate married women, but the only difference would be their ages. The Mrs Singapore category would cater to ladies 25 years and above and the Classic Mrs Singapore would be for those 45 years and above.


It's time to meet our contestants, starting with the Mrs Singapore Category!









And here are the contestants for the Classic Mrs Singapore category!








And these are (some) of the contestants for the pageant!

As I was saying earlier, I pretty much missed most of the press conference itself, apparently, a lot of the usual events during a Mrs/Classic Mrs Singapore pageant have been squished together. I had a bit of a shock when I realised that. Don't worry, I wasn't late for those! After the contestants had introduced themselves, it was time for the egg decorating competition with kids from RDSS, followed by the talent segment!

There was supposed to be the cooking challenge the following day, however, I did have to rush a few last minute things for school so I was unable to make it on such short notice. It was quite a bummer, I would have loved to see what the contestants were going to create! 


Sneaky snaps during the break!


And now, the egg painting competition with the children from RDSS

Of course, I will tell you a little about RDSS, or you can click over here to read more about them! RDSS stands for Rare Disorders Society Singapore, which was started up by the parents of children who suffer from Lysosomal Storage Disorder and their aim to create awareness about various life threatening diseases as well. They're a non-profit organisation and they focus on the rare diseases. 



























*insert cry-laugh emoji*

I will admit, it was hard to look at these children without having that overwhelming feeling, they are full of joy despite their conditions and it just makes me think: 'what have I done for the world?'. I'm glad that ERM is working with this organisation this year.



Judging time!

There were mini-eggs lying around too..
















And a group photo!

I do apologise for not being able to introduce the contestants just yet. I will update this post soon with their names so you can begin to root for your favourite!


And now, for the talent segment!

I realised this was always going to be one of my favourite things about pageants. I always enjoy the talent segments because you'll never know what they are going to do. Yes, there's a lot of dancing and singing, but there are always the unexpected ones. Of course, there were some this time round!



Contestant No. 2 Cheryl Yee



Contestant No. 3 Sarvani


Contestant No. 4 Swapna Srivastav





Contestant No. 5 Zoe Sun




Contestant No. 6 Meena


Contestant No. 7 Elizabeth Lim




Contestant No. 8 Vishna


Contestant No. 9 Racheal Olivero


Contestant No. 10 Jennifer Toh



Contestant No. 11 Nishana Parwin




Contestant No.12 Jennifer Tan




Contestant No. 13 Ivy Wang




Contestant No. 14 Zu Anjalika Kamis Gunnulfsen




Contestant No. 15 Chua Ee Ling




Contestant No. 16 Judith Eng




Contestant No. 17 Doana Tan




Contestant No. 18 Catherine Chew






Contestant No. 19 Priscilia Koh




Contestant No. 21 Fendi Fan





Contestant No. 22 Huang Hong Heidi




Contestant No. 23 Imah Jamil




Contestant No. 24 Jessica Tan




Contestant No. 25 Gan Siew Kim





Contestant No. 26 Raquel Chia




Contestant No. 27 Hou Kwee Lan Lilian


Now, before you guys think that I've missed out contestants 1 and 20, no I didn't, they just weren't there on that day so you guys will have to wait for the grand finals to meet them like I am!

Time to announce the top 3!


You'll see more of their items in the vlog, don't worry!




Of course, photos are ALWAYS essential!

I know this post was mostly photos, but hey, that's the fun of it right? Do look forward to the vlog that will be coming out on Thursday as always, you'll get to see snippets of their talent segments which I think will be very interesting!

I hope you guys are having a great week, I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne