Sephora International Womens Day Haul

Hello Everyone!

As some of you who own Sephora beauty passes would know, Sephora was having a 2x points promotion going on! Of course, I couldn't miss it so I hopped on over to Sephora to get my hands on a few things! This promotion was to commemorate International Women's Day which I thought was nice! I'm not a feminist or anything but I'm all for standing up for yourself and knowing your rights!

Alrighty, let's get on with the haul!

I thought I'd start off with the bases, then move on to maybe some eye stuff then to contour etc etc, just to keep it a little more systematic!

De-Slick Complexion Primer by Urban Decay

This is something new to me, I've been using the Porefessional by Benefit for the ages and I haven't stepped into Sephora for quite a while, so when I discovered this at the Urban Decay counter, I was pretty excited. They had two more variations to their complexion primers but I've been using Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray for ages so I figured that I should get the De-slick complexion primer. I was debating between this one and the Optical Illusion, but I found that De-slick suited my skin so much better. 

Porefessional vs De-Slick Complexion Primer
I love love LOVE the Porefessional but something about Urban Decay makes me so tempted to try new things, so I picked this one up without much hesitation. Also, I was so drawn in by the packaging. I'd say that Urban Decay and Benefit are both in my top 5 make-up brands for sure.

I'll say that the de-slick has a more liquid-y consistency, more like a gel, as compared to the Porefessional, which is a lot more 'stiff', almost like a cake frosting. However, de-slick does dry matte whereas the porefessional feels like a balm mask over your skin which gives it that smoothness. I love the pump that de-slick's packaging comes with. It's is a lot more convenient that the squeezy tube that the porefessional comes in, I always suffer just squeezing every last bit of product when I'm near the end. 

Also, de-slick and porefessional retail about the same price ranges, de-slick being slightly cheaper. De-slick retails at $55 for 28ml whereas the poresfessional retails at $54 for 22ml. However, I usually spend $91 for the 44ml tube because I use it everyday. Perhaps we'll see how long a bottle of de-slick lasts as compared to a tube of porefessional to really see which has more monetary value!

Also, I will need to see if the De-slick primer helps to make my makeup last any longer than usual and if it really does keep my skin matte. I found that my skin does tend to get oily throughout the day when I use the porefessional. 


All Nighter Liquid Foundation in Shade 4.5 by Urban Decay

I'm in dire need of a new medium to full coverage foundation since I've finished up my Big Easy from Benefit a while back. I've been managing well with my water based foundation from Urban Decay but I do not have the luxury of time to layer when I've an event, so I thought I'd just quickly grab another Urban Decay Foundation since I've been loving their foundations so much lately. 

I did debate on getting the NARS sheer glow but the consistency didn't really sit well with me when I swatched it on my skin. Also, I honestly wasn't too fond of the applicator, so I gave that a pass. I also thought of repurchasing the Big Easy foundation again but I figured I could try something new, and if it doesn't go well, I can always go back to the foundation I trust! I also did think about giving the Hello Flawless foundation by Benefit a go as well but I decided to try the Urban Decay one first!

Also, I love that this is another matte foundation. I'm just hoping it won't crack or make my skin feel suffocated just because full coverage foundations tend to go on thick. We'll find out!


Porefessional Pore Minimizing Make Up in 03 by Benefit

This product has been on my watchlist for a while, for some reason I've been thinking that this would be another epic liquid foundation but of course, it really isn't. It's something good for touch-ups. I've tried it on my entire face and believe me, it does NOT sit very well. However, it does pretty well on smaller specific 'problem areas' so I'm not regretting this purchase! I'd probably just use it a lot less than I had intended to!


Highlight Lowlight Face Contour Duo in Medium by Sephora

Desperately wanted to get my hands on the hoola contour stick but unfortunately, it was just so orange on my skin and I didn't enjoy it too much. I was pretty bummed about that, not gonna lie. I spent quite a bit amount of time around Sephora trying to find a nice creme contour stick, but a lot of bronzers were pretty orange and majority of them had shimmer which really annoyed me. 

It kind of sucked because I found so many bronzing powders that were the perfect shade but I always found that creme bronzers blended so much better. I settled for this duo from Sephora, I'm not sure it they will last a long time and if I'm gonna have much use for the highlighter bit. I've given this a go a few times so far and it's alright, just that I prefer the colours on my Stila Contour duo so much more. I may end up going back to that though, not too sure about it.

Honestly, if I'm unable to find a contour stick I may just start using a super dark liquid foundation for contour instead. Then again I'm not sure if anyone else does that...



Eyeshadow Potion in Minor Sin by Urban Decay

I absolutely LOVE everything about this primer. The fact that it's rose gold and that it makes my eye make up look so beautiful, it's just worth every cent I paid. I had the original one for quite a long time, and it has lasted me for so long, I figured it was time to change it up.

I love this one so much, I hope it's not some limited edition one because I will definitely repurchase this. Also, the anti-aging formula is pretty great as well but no one really needs two types of eyeshadow primers right?


Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer by Marc Jacobs

I've taken forever to repurchase this beautiful gel liner from Marc Jacobs. I've been using their eyeliners (both gel and liquid) for quite few years now and I've never looked back or in another direction. I love everything about their eyeliners, the packaging and formula both and I decided that I should repurchase the gel crayon again because tight lining (especially when my eyelash extensions are getting sparse) helps to elevate a simple look so much. 


Juicy Shakers in Great-Fruit, Vanilla Pop and Piece of Cake by LancĂ´me

I've purchased Vanilla Pop before, and I had to get it again because the old one went missing just a few weeks after I bought it. I was so upset and I could not live without these. They're so moisturising, they smell lovely and their colours are very subtle. I must admit the colour payoff is not amazing, but what could you expect from a lip oil? I love these for everyday wear. 


Sweet Almonds Powered by Matcha in Mayfair Market by Nails Inc

Another thing I've repurchased. My absolute favourite nail polish from Nails Inc, it's a metallic rose gold shade that just looks so beautiful on my skin tone. I love this formula, even though their gel effect range is my absolute favourite, but Nails Inc's formula has worked so well for me and they have never stained my nails. They barely chip of peel as well. 


L'envol Blanc EDT by Repetto

I didn't think I'd ever get perfume from such a high end ballet brand. I could be wrong, but that's what repetto is to me. I've wondered what their pointe shoes felt like but I'm not looking forward to spending a mad amount of money to find out. I'm very happy with my Gaynors. 

Anyway, this perfume is just the loveliest. It could be my second favourite next to the Chanel Madamoiselle which as been my #1 favourite scent for the last few years. If I were to describe the scent, I'd say it's a little more fruity than floral, which I've been liking! It's also a relatively fresh scent so it's great for everyday wear and for day wear too! 

Also, just look at that beautiful packaging!!!

Now, unfortunately, we've come to the end of the haul! I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I've a pretty exciting video coming for you guys this week as well (hint, it has to do with make up) so do look out for it! I hope you guys are having a great start to the week! I'll see you in my next blogpost!



xx
Shayne