Crystal Collection

Hey everyone!

The full moon has graced us with its lovely presence last night, so it was time to bring my crystals out for a good ol' cleanse. I know there are various ways to cleanse your crystals and some people have very strict regimes. I'd say I'm pretty new into the whole crystal thing; even if I've had some of my crystals for years, I only recently started to really read up on them and garner a real interest in them. 

I even bought a little crystal guide at the bookstore so that I could read up on crystals that I already have or that I may want to add into my collection in future. 

In case you're curious, my regime is pretty simple. I like to leave my crystals by the window for three days - the day before, during and after the full moon. That way, they get their dose of moonlight and sunlight. I know some stones don't take sunlight too well as they will fade, so I just like to make sure they aren't under direct sunlight all the time. 

I like to do that every two months or so now. When I got my first few crystals, I just got them cleansed at the shop so I didn't really know that I should cleanse them again every now and then. But when I got my hands on a few new ones a month or so ago, I decided to read up more! All I do now is run them under cool water when I first get them (or get the shop owner to cleanse them for me) then leave them under the next full moon with the rest of my crystals!

Alrighty, this has been quite a long introduction, so I'm going to go straight into my current collection!


Various tumbled stones: 
A recent gift from my aunt to my mother, who then passed it to me.

My mum had these for a long time, she kept them around but I guess she didn't have much of an interest so she decided to give them to me because of my growing interest. These came in a bottle, but I decided to separate them all into little jars (took me a while), just so that I can keep them on my shelf nicely laid out. 

You can see it in my crystal instagram account! Make sure you follow that too if you're into crystals so we can discuss and learn more from each other ^^

I'm not 100% sure on what all of them are exactly! Some were generally easier to recognise but I had to flip through my book to see what these MAY be. Not going to lie, I had quite a hard time doing that. If you guys know what some of these are, please feel free to correct me, I'm learning and I'd like to hear from people who're interested in crystals as well!


Bigger tumble stones:
Marble, Agate Cat, Magnesite, Unakite, Snowflake Obsidian

I've been trying to figure out what these are, please let me know if you do!

I think these are either Tektite or Black Agate.

Red Jasper

Tiger Eye

Aquamarine

Citrine

Agate

I'm not too sure what the smaller ones are (my guess is peridot), 
but I'm guessing the bigger ones are Adventurine!

So that's all for my little tumble stones! They're the ones I'm the most uncertain about just because my mum has had them for a few years and we've just been leaving them in the bottle. I really would like to find out more about these little ones though!

The next few that I'd be showing you are those that I've purchased myself! A few are from my mum as well (apparently we had a few crystals in the house). Some of these are older than the ones that my aunt has given!

Rose Quartz Gua Sha Massager.

This would be one of my newest additions to my crystal collection! I know that Perhaps Unicorn carries these online but I managed to find some at my local crystal shop so I picked it up straight away! I like to use this when I'm massaging in my toner, it helps with reducing bloatedness and it promotes blood circulation as well.

Next up, spheres/orbs!
Red Jasper, Amethyst, Tiger Eye, Goldstone, (not sure about the blue ones) 

A closer look!

The smaller ones came in the bottle that my aunt gifted, so I'm not sure about some of them. I'd say the goldstone were the only recognisable ones! 

I got the bigger spheres from my local shop, I found the Tiger Eye by accident actually. I just happened to pick it up because I was a little curious, I didn't really think of getting a Tiger Eye but after picking this one by accident I knew I had to buy it! 


Crystal Towers/Obelisks
Smoky Quartz, Rose Quartz, Lemon Quartz, Amethyst, Green Fluorite
(quite unsure about the yellow and green crystals)

These are my oldest crystals!

I got the smoky quartz on the same day that I bought the bigger spheres, so it's quite new in my collection. The rest of the towers were the very very first few crystals that I purchased a few years back!

I didn't know much then, I was simply following a friend who was well versed with crystals on a little shopping trip and thought it would be a good idea to get some for myself as well! So, unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure about the green and yellow crystals. However, I'm pretty sure about the rose quartz and the amethyst. They're fairly common in the shops!


Lastly, my crystal accessories. jewellery!
I got these beautiful glass box on carousell. Absolutely love it to bits.


A closer look~

I keep my jewellery laid on some clear quartz tumble stones!

Mini Amethyst Geode

This was given to my by my mum, I never knew this had been lying around in my house (this was supposedly a gift from someone ages ago) and it's just so so pretty! It's only about 2 inches wide so I like to put my rings in there so they don't get mixed up with my necklaces!


Rings!
Moonstone and Labradorite

One of my most recent purchases as well! I got this beautiful marquise moonstone ring from Tessellate.Co and I'm just excited to look around their shop because all their items are so so beautiful and some of their profits go to charity which is amazing! I adore the marquise cut, I just think it's so beautiful and unique! Of course, the perfect marquise ring was so so hard to find and I'm glad I managed to get my hands on it!

I got the oval Labradorite ring from my local crystal store. I absolutely LOVE labradorite. I've been hunting for a labradorite tower or sphere for so long now but they don't seem to be very popular in my local shops.


Bullet Pendants
Hematite, Rose Quartz, Amethyst

The Hematite was a gift from my aunt a few years back (my personal fave) and the rose quartz was also one of the first few crystal-type items that I've bought! The amerthyst is the newest addition to my collection, got this a few months back!

Brown Jasper Choker

I made this one myself! I got the pendant off carousell and turned it into a choker. I'm quite proud of this because it's my very first DIY crystal jewellery! 

Aquamarine Pendant

This was also one of my very first pendants, I got this on the same day that I bought the rose quartz bullet! The shop I got this at sell their items at quite a high price so this pendant didn't come cheap! Unfortunately, I don't wear this as much because I found that it was hard to match.. I love it nonetheess!

Blue Howlite/Turquoise

This is my newest addition and my second crystal DIY! This rock came with the other tumbled stones that my aunt gifted and I noticed it had the hold conveniently (presumably) drilled into it already, so I thought I'd get some gold wire through it and make a nice little necklace out of it! I haven't found an occasion or outfit to wear this with just yet so it hasn't got any wear time!


That is the very last of my crystal collection and we've come to the end of the blogpost! If you've managed to read all the way till here, thank you for your patience, you are AMAZING. I hope you guys liked this blogpost and I'll see you in my next one! Have a great week ahead everyone!



xx
Shayne