The Churros Factory

Hello Everyone!

Churros have become quite the trend now and I'm not gonna lie, I love churros! I remember the first time I had churros was when I was really young. I didn't even know what a churro was but my Dad decided it would be a good idea to let me try it. I can't remember what my initial impression of it, but when I found out that Universal Studios had them (wayyy back when they just opened), I had to get one and I loved them! 

Mind you, I was under the impression that churros had suddenly disappeared from the face of this country. Honestly, I wasn't the most excited person when churros became so available outside of USS, but I'm not complaining. 


They had a soft launch last year, which I missed. 

Funny short story. There was a slight miscom with me and the boss, apparently the event I was invited to was the next day. So I was kinda disappointed and I felt beyond awkward when I walked into the store. Apparently I bumped into an old friend, Sheryl, who also suffered the mini miscom so it wasn't too bad? I had her and W with me so it wasn't all that awkward afterall. 

But with that aside, I did enjoy the churros there! I had a taste of their churros at the Christmas Garden Rhapsody at the Gardens by the Bay last year! I had their caramel ones which were pretty darn good, you can read more about that event here




They had quite a crowd after dinner time!

I'm always up for sweet things, and I'd say my go-to flavour or churros is always salted caramel. It's horrible for my diet, I know. I'm having the hardest time adjusting back to being completely healthy and with school, it's a mad struggle. But, I must persevere!

So I ordered quite a few things to try. Since I was earlier than Sheryl, I pretty much guessed the even was not happening so I ended up paying for everything. It kinda sucked because we were supposed to get to sample their awesome flavours. Then again I was hungry and waiting is NOT my forte so I just went for it.




Cookies and Cream Milkshake 

Honestly, not the very best milkshake I've ever had. It was a little too thin in consistency for my liking. I do regret not giving their PBJ (peanut butter and jam) milkshake because I'm presuming that may taste a lot richer. Definitely wasn't the worst, but I wasn't really impressed. 



Caramel on Charcoal Churros

I honestly did not know what to expect when I ordered these, but they were great! I loved the texture of the churros - crispy on the outside but soft and pillow-like (if that's a legit culinary description) on the inside. 

I haven't really had any charcoal flavoured food before so I'm not sure if I can say anything about the flavour of the churro itself, plus the caramel sauce pretty much the dominant flavour. Overall, I quite liked it!




BBQ Mayo Cheese Egg Churros

I was definitely taking a big risk with this one. I told myself that I was going to try their savoury churros and I love egg, so I went for this option. I have never had savoury churros before so I didn't know what to expect.

Bottom line: I loved it.

Definitely something new for me and something I might crave again. Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of fried foods, but this was really really good! I loved how the churros were fried a lot longer so they became more crispy and the texture complimented the egg. In a nutshell, it's a churro okonomiyaki. YUM!



A Mandatory Selfie~

Believe me, I was stuffed!

It was a good call to have these as my dinner because I was so full! The only thing about churros is that it makes me so thirsty! Although the milkshake did disappoint me, their churros definitely surprised me in all the best ways. I'd say thats a good thing because that's what their store is all about, no?






A little gift from Churros Factory!

So after sitting there for over an hour with W and Sheryl, we finally got our complimentary churros, I presumed it was topped with nutella and cinnamon sugar. I could be so wrong, but it tasted like nutella. I was bummed that there was the miscom because look at that menu above! There were so many things we could have sampled!




Nom nom nom

The complimentary ones weren't my favourite, as yummy as they were. I'd say the Egg one was my favourite, which is something new since I just love anything sweet. I'd say my experience that day had it's up and downs, but I cannot deny the fact that they have great churros and I'd encourage all of you guys to drop by their various stores to have a go. If I'm not wrong, the savoury items are only available at the OC outlet!


Churros Factory Outlets (Open daily from 11:30 - 22:00)
Orchard Central B1-01Junction 10 01-25 (Along Main Road)Katong I12 Mall B1-26West Coast Plaza 02-01City Square Mall B2-K21Westgate Mall B2-K2

Social Media:
Mobile: 85000700


With that, I'll end the blogpost here. I hope you guys have enjoyed this blogpost, for my fellow churro loving friends, you know where to go on your next churro hunt! Hope everyone has a great week! I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments