Sephora Haul // Hello 2016!

Hello everyone! 

School has started again so I don't know how often I will be able to post. This semester is going to be really crazy so hopefully I will have content for you guys! I received a really huge Sephora gift card from my parents for Christmas and I went for a spree a week ago so I thought I'd share what I got! 

Just the usual disclaimer, I'm not trying to brag about this or anything, I just thought it would be nice  to talk about what I'd get at Sephora, since I've been wanting a few of these for a while and I finally got the opportunity to get them. Also, I usually just do tutorials and I haven't done a haul in a while so, I thought a haul blogpost would be nice.


Mod Noir by Marc Jacobs

I've been wanting this for quite a while now, I collect most of the Marc Jacobs scents so I usually get the original scents when they first come out, so I don't usually get the variations of the Daisy scent but I do like Sorbet, which I'm debating on getting. But I wanted to get Mod Noir first because I definitely wanted that more.

If I had to describe this, it's a little more of a floral-musky sort of scent. It's a little different from the ones that I have because those are pretty sweet, but not as sweet as the scents from Victoria Secret. I think this scent is just one of the more musky scents that I own, so I'd say I'd want to feel more business-y and grown up when I wear this.



Eyelash Glue by DUO

I realised that the current eyelash glue that I owned from Ardell has gone off, or at least I think it has? It has begun to smell pretty fishy and honestly, whether it's gone off or not, I don't like the smell of it. So I got a new one. I haven't tried this brand before, but I got attracted to it because of the brush applicator. The Ardell one that I had was a little squeezy tube which wasn't the most convenient. Excited to try this one!




Naked Smoky Palette by Urban Decay

I'd say this was the most exciting item I got in this haul! I have the naked palette 1 and 2, I didn't get the 3rd one because it's a little too pink for my liking. I use the first one the most, but I saw the smoky one online and I just waited for it to arrive in stores. When it did, I had to wait for the money opportunity to get it. 

I did have my eyes on the newest Vice palette, but when I did see it in store, I realised that I won't get much use from the colours. I do have the first Vice palette as well and I don't have too much use from it either and that one had odd packaging because the case has gone rather sticky/tacky which is rather annoying and I can't really fix it. So obviously, I decided not to go for the Vice palettes anymore and stay with the Naked palettes, can't wait to use this new one! It's pretty similar to the Naked 1, but with more shimmery colours, which I don't mind! 



Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner in Alloy by Stila

I know it's not the most common colour but I did see one of In The Frow's make up tutorials, cant' remember which one to be honest, and she used a grey eyeliner. It looked really subtle, yet you still look like you've put in effort to get your make up done. I don't know how to describe it actually. I just decided to get my hands on a grey liner to try the look out and hopefully it doesn't look too weird on me. 

I know I said love the Marc Jacobs liquid eyeliner but apparently it only comes in black, so I got the next best thing which are the Stay All Day liners from Stila. I would suppose I won't use this as often as my black liners so a smaller packaging would be alright!




Shape and Shade Custom Contour Duo in Medium by Stila

Last but not least, I've been wanting to try a cream-based bronzer for a while now, especially for events or for some shoots. I'm not sure how this is going to go so I'm a little worried about how it will turn out. I also have yet to decide how I'm going to apply this onto my face because my brushes are quite soft. I may have to invest in a beauty blender, but I don't really know if I should, it's pricey and honestly I think its quite overrated. I probably insulted half the world by saying that, but I'll update you guys if I do. 



I'll be ending the blogpost here, if anyone out there uses any of these products and have some feedback, do let me know! I hope that the very beginning of 2016 is treating you well and that you have a great week ahead! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments