Beauty Blender vs Brushes

 Hello Everyone!

I recently got my hands on the Beauty Blender when I hopped by Sephora. I have heard so many wonderful things abotu the Beauty Blender and an oddly digusting story about someone having a bug in one of theirs, so I decided it's time to give it a go and hopefully not find a beetle family in my spongey egg. 


 
I decided to get the black one!

Basically, I thought it would be easier to tell when it's clean and stuff, I do have white powders so it may not show on the the white beauty blender. Plus, I prefer black to white most of the time. I wasn't fond of the colourful ones either so black it is!

It's fairly easy to use and really easy to clean as well. I got the liquid cleaner along with it which I use fo clean my brushes as well and I get them cleaned so much faster too, so I'd recommend the liquid cleaner, I'm not sure about the solid cleaner, I'm honestly rather skeptical about it. 


 
 Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Set

I love anything rose gold, and I'm beginning to get my hands on anything rose gold. When I saw these brushes I knew I had to get them, plus my old brushes from M.A.C were pretty much overused so it was high time i got myself a new set. I've been using these daily, but it's time for them to come face to face with some serious competition.


So, Let's get started!

 
Base:
Bigger than BB Complexion Perfector in Medium 04 by Benefit

 

 
Beauty Blender

 

 
 Zoeva 102 Silk Finish

In general, I feltthe beauty blender made my make up feel a lot lighter on the skin, it could be because you need to get the sponge damp before you use it. It's easier to spread the foundation using the BB of course, as compare to the brush. 

The only thing would be that using the brush made the make up feel like it wasn't diluted, or that the sponge did not soak up half your foundation. I'd say using the brush left a slightly thicker amount of make up on my skin. I think you can see that it's less cakey with the BB. I'm on the fence for this one, both are good depending on the situation.


 
Concealer:
Erase Paste in 02 by Benefit
Concealer Pen in 4 Late Show by Marc Jacobs

 

 
Beauty Blender 

 

 
 Zoeva 142 Concealer Buffer

Honestly I'd prefer using the BB for this step simply because I'm not jabbing the brush into my eye. It feels a lot more gentle on the eyes which is always a good thing.  I'd say the concealers do look a lot better when I usethe BB as compared to the brushes.



 
 Bronzer:
Bronzing Powder in Medium by Sephora

 

 

 
 Beauty Blender

 

 
 Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek

I'd have to say that the tables have turned when it came to the bronzing powder. I didn't like using the BB at all. It was hared to control the amount of bronzer I had put on. I guess it's better for days where I need more bronzer than usual, but I would definitely prefer to have full control. I may change my mind if I used the cream bronzer, but for now, I'm all for the brushes.



 
Setting Powder:
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder by Tarte

 

 

 
 Beauty Blender

 

 

 
Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer
Zoeva 106 Powder

I definitely preferredd using brushes for this one. I guess I can safely conclude that I do not like using the BB for powders. There's a more even finish when I use the brushes and like I said earlier, the amount of make up used is easily controlled with brushes.


With that, I've come to the end of this post! I would like to know how you guys enjoy the beauty blender too, do let me know! I can't say I prefer any of them in general but I'd say they have their own individual pros and cons (as everything does in general). I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and that you all have a great weekend! Till' my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne

Comments