Oatmeal Waffles

Hello Everyone! 

The end of CNY is approaching us and project week is upon me. I hope everyone had a good CNY and that you had plenty or hong baos! So I've been trying out various waffle recipes for a while since I got my waffle maker for Christmas last year and I've been substituting flour with oatmeal. I must say, I'm pretty happy with myself and I'm going to share 3 recipes with you guys today!

I'm not sure if all types of oatmeal are gluten free, but I know pure oatmeal is definitely gluten free. You can read the article here. These recipes are vegan because no eggs or milk were used so to all my vegan friends, I hope you enjoy these!




 Banana Oat Waffles

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Oats
1 Banana
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups hot water


DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat up the waffle iron according to your machine's instructions.
2. Mix the oats with the hot water until it thickens.
3. Mash the banana before mixing it in with the oats.
4. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour batter into waffle maker.

Cook time: 10mins per waffle.
Yield: 3 waffles
Suggested garnish: Maple Syrup




Bitter Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oat Waffles

INGREDIENTS:
1 and1/2 cup Oats
3 tablespoons cocoa powder (or nutella for sweeter version)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons peanut butter
2 cup hot water

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat up the waffle iron according to your machine's instructions.
2. Mix the oats and cocoa powder before adding in the hot water. Mix until the oatmeal thickens.
3. Slowly add in the peanut butter spoon by spoon, mixing it in well.
4. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
5. Pour batter into waffle maker.

Cook time: 10mins per waffle.
Yield: 3 waffles
Suggested garnish: Fresh fruits (I used frozen fruits in this picture) or more peanut butter




Gluten Free Earl Grey and Honey Oat Waffles

INGREDIENTS:
2 and 1/2 cups Oats
1 and 1/2 cups thick earl grey tea
2-4 table spoons honey (depending on how sweet you want it)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat up the waffle iron according to your machine's instructions.
2. Prepare the tea (do not throw away the tea leaves if you're using the loose leaves) for about 10 minutes so that it's very thick.
3. Mix tea and oatmeal together until it thickens before adding in the honey.
4. Pour batter into waffle maker.

Cook time: 15mins per waffle.
Yield: 3 Waffles
Suggested garnish: Chocolate syrup or (more) honey



 These are pretty easy recipes and I hope you enjoy them!

Do let me know if you try them out because that would be pretty nice. I think some people would rather mix everything in the blender before pouring it into the waffle maker but I honestly don't really see the difference.

That's all for today's post! I'm sorry if it's kinda short or waffles aren't your thing (then again, who doesn't love waffles, right?). I will see you in my next post and I hope you guys are having a nice week!

Also, TGIF!



xx
Shayne

Comments