Huckleberry Cakes

Hello everyone!

I hope the beginning of the year is going well for everyone. School has been absolutely hectic and I'm going pretty crazy with everything going on. I've also started teaching with the CVP group last Sunday and that was pretty amazing. I've two more Sunday classes with my students and I'm really excited about that!

So Chinese New Year is around the corner and I got my family and I myself some treats from Huckleberry Cakes! So I thought these were pretty affordable and they're handmade with love!



Melting Moments by Huckleberry Cakes.

Look at that pretty packaging! I couldn't wait to get mine and I finally got a hold of them on Friday when I came home so I was pretty damn excited. I'm a sucker for little nommies like these so I couldn't resist. I got 4 out of 7 flavours and I really regret not getting the other 3. I kinda want to right now but they're all sold out for February. 

Don't fret, if you want to give these a try, you can follow them on instagram or like them on facebook and get the latest updates on their future sales etc! 

Well, I (personally) don't think I spent a hefty sum of money on these because I really love them. They literally melt in your mouth and they aren't deathly sweet. You don't feel like you need to drink bucketloads of water after eating them too. 

The price list is as follows: 
Matcha $12
Rose $12 
Vanilla Bean $12
Dark Chocolate $12
Earl Grey $12 
Seaweed Chicken Floss $15
Bak Kwa (Upon Request) $16

The tubs may look small but there are 40 pieces in each tub. The pieces are pretty small-ish so they're really easy to eat! So I bought the Matcha, Vanilla Bean, Earl Grey and Seaweed Chicken Floss. It took me a while to decide between the flavours, though I think I ruled out Bak Kwa a little fast because I'm not exactly the biggest bak kwa fan. No regrets with the ones I chose though, they're all really yummy! 




Matcha 

So you'd expect this to either be really sweet or really bitter. Not really, it's the tiniest bit savoury and sweet (you don't exactly taste the salt though) so you get the nice fragrance from the matcha. It isn't deathly sweet either, just enough to counter the bitterness of matcha.




Vanilla Bean

Again, I was happy that this wasn't just another vanilla-flavoured sugar cookie. You taste that delicate vanilla without getting that load of sweetness on your palate. I was looking forward to this the most because I'm a massive Vanilla fan. Definitely wasn't disappointed, though I was surprised that this didn't end up being my favourite among the 4 that I got. Probably the second favourite though!




Earl Grey

I think it's pretty obvious, or maybe not, but this was my favourite among the 4. The flavour was spot on (well duh, the leaves were used) and it wasn't too sweet, just like a gentle sweetness. I think I'd finish the Earl Grey tub first haha. Plus I love how this one looks like the yummiest button in the world?! For those of you out there who've purchased the Earl Grey ones as well, give it a sniff because it smells AMAZING. 



Seaweed Chicken Floss

This was one of those 'Shayne, it's time to be slightly adventurous' moments and I wasn't disappointed. This one is obviously, more savoury than the other 3 flavours but it wasn't over-poweringly salty or anything. You can taste the seaweed and the chicken floss, but don't expect it to taste like our childhood favourite fried seaweed chicken. I pretty much prefer this because it melts in my mouth and is barely a fraction as oily. 



So that's all I have for this post! I hope you guys enjoyed it. Don't forget to check Huckleberry out on instagram or email them at huckleberrysg@gmail.com if you have any enquiries! Just a side note, I'm not sponsored or anything by them, I just thought that I should share these with you guys because these were really yummy! 

I hope you guys are having a great weekend and that everyone is doing alright in school/work! Till my next blogpost!




xx
Shayne

Comments