CNY Haul

Hello Everyone!

I hope you guys are having a fun February and that you are all excited for Chinese New Year that's coming up at the end of the week! I don't know about you guys, but I love Chinese New Year mostly because I get to shop for a few new clothes and that really gets me pumped! I didn't really get to shop much this year because of school and work so I was pretty happy when I managed to get some time!

I didn't buy too many things but I'm really happy with what I got for myself. I'm pretty excited to wear them too (as anyone would be)! I didn't go to that many places, partially because I was so tired from work and it was pretty late already when I dismissed my class. I got everything from ION Orchard, as I do most of the time. That place is literally my 2nd home.

I've taken a few photos of each clothing item just to show you guys. Do forgive the bare face, I removed my make up before I realised that I wanted to model the clothes for the post. I was that tired.. and I was also too tired to put make up on again because I wanted give my skin a rest from having full make up on for a whole day.

I shopped at quite a few places, basically my favourite places; mainly Topshop, Pull and Bear, Zara, Forever 21 and H&M but I didn't get items for every store. Wished I did drop by Bershka and maybe even Dorothy Perkins at Wisma but I didn't have much time. I did get a little make up from Sephora but they're more of 'replenishes/refills' for some of the make up I'm running out of so I decided not to add them to the post.





White Romper from Forever 21 

So I was a little sad that nothing much caught my eye when I was at Forever 21. I usually see quite a few things that I would like and I'd have a lot of deciding to do because I don't want to buy so many items. This time, however, I only left the store with this romper/playsuit. I love the material of this piece! It's so soft and it's not gonna make me feel super warm when I go for visiting! 

The only issue I have with this is that it's pretty sheer so I have to take note of the underwear that I'm wearing that day. Also, I'm definitely changing the belt (the belt in the photo was included) because I'm not too fond of thin belts. 





 Coral Skater Dress from H&M

I rarely wear bright colours so this was a pretty bold piece for me. I do really love skater dresses because they're comfortable and you can dress them up and down. I have a sleeveless version of this in black as well which I really like, so when I saw this on the rack I didn't really need to think about it.





Checkered Shirt from H&M 

I love the material so much. It's one of the softest shirts that I own and I wished I could have more shirts made of this material, they did have a few more colours but I wasn't too fond of them. Plus I really wanted a monochrome checkered shirt so I was pretty excited when I saw this.






Striped Shirt from H&M

I guess this was meant to be a work shirt. The material is a lot more stiff compared to the checkered shirt. I love the colour of this but sadly the comfort this material has doesn't come near to the comfort the previous shirt gives. I presumed this shirt had a slim cut going on so I purposely bought it 4 sizes bigger so it was a little more slouchy. 





Dusty Pink Shirt from H&M

I think it's pretty obvious that I've a shirt craze going on. I don't deny that though. I do love the oversized shirt jeans shorts combo very much right now. I like the chiffon material because it's really cooling and it dries fast. I do own quite a few items that are chiffon and I love how the material flows too. I love how this pink is sort of muted and it isn't a very bright pink so I'd feel more comfortable wearing it on casual days. 

Also, I'm in love with the rose gold buttons. Who doesn't love rose gold, right?






T-Bar Kitten Heels from Topshop

I'm a complete Topshop girl but I didn't really see anything that I could wear for CNY at the store today. Then again, I saw these pair of shoes at the shoe section and I thought they were really adorable. I think I could pair them with some lace socks or wear them like I did in the photos as well. I also like the height of the heels because they're a pretty decent height too. I still prefer my high heels to kitten heels, but I guess these would be good for a whole day of running around. 



So that is all that I have for you guys in this post! I hope you guys will have a prosperous new year and that your families will be blessed with good health! I don't think my CNY would be too eventful this year but I guess I'm just really excited to wear my new clothes. 

I'm not sure if any of you do this too but I grew up with the habit of not wearing my new clothes (that I've bought particularly for CNY) until the reunion dinner on CNY eve. I'm curious if there are people who still do this but yeah, it kinda builds the excitement up and it gives me something more to look forward to. 

Till my next post! (:



xx
Shayne


Comments