Kite Flying

Hey guys! 

So I finally got to have a whole day of relaxation and I spent it with my poly clique! Well, most of them. I haven't flown a kite in the longest time so having a picnic and (attempting to) fly kites with them at the Marina Barrage was really fun. So the last time I flew a kite was when I was probably 6ish? My dad would bring me to the park to fly my kite then have dinner afterwards, that was a very lovely memory~ 



So much food~

Well the weather didn't seem too friendly at first so we sat on our picnic mats and chowed down on food that each of us brought. I made white chip brownies and choc peanut butter cookies! I'll probably do the recipe blogpost next week so do look out for that!




Literally looked like doomsday

Fortunately, the rain didn't hit our area. Thank god for that! I do love the view from the roof, my photography skills obviously didn't do it any justice. In case you guys are wondering, that dog's named Frostie and she's a japanese spitz. You can follow her instagram and see all her cuteness unleash into your screen.











Pretty kites and wonderful people~

Eventually the skies did clear up and we had really beautiful weather. It got a little hot for a while, but at keast it wasn't raining! The wind was pretty nice to us at first, we did get our kite up in the air (with so much difficulty) but of course it didn't stay up very long. Also, if you guys are wondering where we got the kites from, we got them from this little corner shop at Punggol Plaza. It was on the 3rd floor, if I remember right! They carry quite a few designs too so you'll have quite a bit of choice~

Well I'm not sure if you guys can tell but this ended up being almost like a triple date sorta thing. Well that's not the point anyway. I sort of regret not taking a photo with my kite (that rainbow fish) and it's sitting at W's place now so I'll wait till my next kite flying day to take a nice photo with it. Definitely not a selfie because it's a massive kite.






Thank you for working so hard to get the kite up in the air~

All of us were so sweaty and smelly when the day ended. Pretty worth it since we had quite a lot of fun! Our strings got tangled and my kite took an unfortunate dip in the water (not entirely sure how that happened though) but it was all great! I've got a pretty busy second half of the week so hopefully I'll pull through with that! 

Today's post is pretty much more of a diary-blog sort of post but I hope you guys liked it! I'm sorry if you were hoping this was going to have my recipe for brownies and cookies but I'll have to keep that for next time. This post was a little photo heavy so I didn't want to make it too long! Till next time! 




xx
Shayne


Comments