3 Cheese Sandwich Recipes

Hello Everyone!

I know it's been almost a month.. But the last few weeks had a whole lot to handle. I definitely had nothing to blog about, let alone had the time to blog about anything so, I apologise... Then again, ask.fm is always a lot more accessible so feel free to find me there or on Twitter or Instagram or Facebook. (:

The semester has finally ended and honestly, that doesn't do much for my schedule. The next semester is going to be twice as crazy so I'm sorry in advance for not posting anything much. On the other hand, I'll be trying to get back on track with my filming schedules and probably pay more attention to rehearsals at SL and hopefully, find time to hang out with friends and just chill.

Oh and, possibly get some exercise done, because I've gained a whopping 4kg since school started and that is NOT pretty.

Christmas is around the corner as well so there's a lot of shopping to be done. I've done maybe about 50% of it already so I'm proud of myself. Sad to say, my wallet does not share the same sentiments about Christmas shopping as I do.

Alright, lets not stray away from what the post is actually about. I've been getting lazy (obviously) and I'm always rushing everywhere and I find myself spending a lot of money on Starbucks for breakfast. Literally, nearly everyday. When I do have time, I always have the same thing, a cheese sandwich. I know grilled cheese sandwiches are a common favourite so I thought I'd share my favourite versions of this god-gifted sandwich.



 

 I'll be showing you three flavours: Ham, Olive and Cranberry.

There are endless options of what you can put into a grilled cheese sandwich but I find myself going to these three the most because they are super easy and taste really great. Plus these ingredients aren't difficult to find in your local supermarkets! As for the cheese itself, I use mixture of grated cheeses, but I'm certain there's cheddar and mozzarella in there.

For the post, I'll be using a filipino bread called Pandesal. It's a soft bun which is slightly sweeter than a normal loaf. I like the slightly bouncy texture of it and these are small so they were perfect for the post. I always get these from Lucky Plaza. When I use normal loaves that you buy from the supermarket, I go for Gardenia's Nutri Multi Grain loaf. I like the texture of it but you can use any bread you like of course.




 

 


The assembly is really straight forward.

For the normal sliced bread you can just lay out the ingredients easily. As for my pandesal, I sliced it into half and sprinkled a generous amount of the cheese on both sides. After that, I added the toppings on one side and sprinkled a little bit more of the cheese. In case you're wondering, I find that the cheese is already pretty savoury so I don't season it with salt and whatnot. If you want, you can always spread a bit of butter or ketchup before sprinkling the cheese and the toppings.

For the ham, I folded just one slice, but on the usual sliced bread, I like having one slice on each piece of bread, just so that I can taste the ham a little bit more when I bite into it. This works best with the ketchup base but that's entirely up to you. You can use a little of bbq sauce as well but I find that a little too salty for my liking.

I know that not everyone likes olives, but I personally do. This combination is definitely very savoury and because I use bottled olives, I find that the sandwich isn't as dry as the rest and I don't put any sauces or butter before adding my cheese and olives. I usually slice the olives into half so there won't be too much of the saltiness and they won't randomly roll out as I eat my sandwich. Alternatively, sun-dried tomatoes taste amazing as well.

Lastly, the cranberry ones are honestly my favourite. I love having dried fruits or fruit puree with cheese and if you do too, you'd really love this combination. If you don't have dried fruits, you can spread some chunky jam onto the bread before you add on the cheese.




 
Pop them into the toaster!

Assemble your sandwich slices on the tray and make sure you won't have any cheese melting over the edge because that's going to be really messy later on. I did mention that I do this when I had the time but I honestly don't like doing the dishes so I always take the easy way out and toast my sandwiches instead of frying them on a pan. I kinda like my bread burnt, but I let the stay in for not more than 7 minutes. 3-5minutes should be enough because all you want is to have the cheese melted.




 

 

 OM NOM NOM

Clearly I'm not very gifted in the kitchen, but I can definitely survive (I think). I'm probably a lot better at baking stuff like muffins/cupcakes and cakes so maybe I'll do a blogpost the next time I do something in the kitchen, which will probably be tonight since I'll be going for a picnic with my poly clique tomorrow at the Marina Barrage. Do keep a look out for that blogpost! ^^

So that's all for this blogpost and I hope you guys like it. Do tag me on Instagram(@chinaphilidoll) if you try any of them out or if you have other recipes that you'd like to share!

Just before I say goodbye, I'd like to thank everyone who has shown their support for the #LingoLingoWhereYouGo auditions over the weekends! It was nice seeing all of you and to have you audition. It was also really nice to see what you all had to say about why you love our country! So, great job guys, do keep a lookout on our Facebook page for more updates!



xx
Shayne

Comments