Happy Halloween!

*Makes awkward ghostly sounds*

Hey guys! 

Happy (belated) Halloween! Yesterday was my very first time celebrating Halloween in school. It's more exciting in Lasalle than in Poly (in Ngee Ann, my course was probably the only ones embracing Halloween's existence), because people actually go insane and they do snap photos of you. Plus no one looks at you and says something like "wtf, why are you dressed like that?!". It was pretty cool and I can't wait for next year and the year after! 








Snap snap snap!

Of course, not everyone went crazy with their costumes, but there's quite a bit of meaning behind the 'not-so-elaborate' ones. May I also add in that not everyone who dressed up were in the photos. Come to think of it, it's such a waste that I didn't take a photo with everyone.




He didn't keep his costume on the whole day tho. 

Fun Fact: I was initially thinking of going as Pikachu this year.

BUT GUESS WHAT. Something went really wrong with my pre-order of my Pikachu onesie. ): I kinda had everything else planned out already but without the onesie, it obviously isn't going to work so, I just wore the same crochet and chiffon dress that I use when I wanna be 'scary'. I didn't really think I was a doll or anything but, I guess that's what my costume made me look like.. I didn't have any character in mind because I was still sort of upset about the onesie thing so I just played up with the make up.




Testing my make up skills the night before. 

I know sugar skulls require a much whiter canvas to paint on, and you need brighter/more dense colours, but it isn't my fault, I don't have the required make up. So I improvised, and this was the first time I ever did a sugar skull and I had so much fun. I didn't want to do a full sugar skull so I did something like a circus-performer-inspired sort of make up on the other half of my face. Turned out pretty okay for my first ever try!



Yesterday's 

Of course, I didn't end up drawing the exact same thing on the actual day. I really need to get my hands on some white face paint of something because that would really come in handy sooner or later. I was really happy with how my look turned out. Apart from the fact that I had to draw it at the back of the screening room during lunch, I guess this wasn't particularly difficult to achieve. If you want, I could do another blogpost on a tutorial on how I did this, or a belated 'Get Ready with Me' post.






The full get-up!

Another Fun Fact: My stockings had ripped just at the back of my leg so that was pretty awkward. I didn't want to take them off because I didn't have socks and I wasn't going to wear my creepers without socks. 



I honestly don't know what else I should be saying in this post but I hope you guys enjoyed it! I've to head back to school over the weekend for a directing project so no rest yet again. But that's what you get when you're in film school so I'll stop the rant before it actually begins and I'll see you guys in my next post! 

P.S. I'm so sorry that there aren't many photos in this blogpost, I know it would have been awesome to see what the rest of my class dressed up as. I had a massive wave of narcissism that came over me so I just kept taking selfies when I had the chance. Plus we had classes from 9am to 7pm so we didn't really get the chance to scream "GROUP PHOTO!!" But yeah, maybe next year~



xx
Shayne


Comments