Beetroot Crisps

Hello everyone!

I'm on the last week of school and I'm going crazy with assignments so I took a mini break from all that editing and paperwork to make myself a nice healthy little snack. I don't know about about you guys but I love beetroot. I first started having beetroot in my juices and there's something about the earthy taste that I quite like. I rarely eat it just like that but I'm sure there will be a time I will.




L


L

I'm using the red beetroots for this recipe, but if you're a beginner or you've never tried beetroot, you can opt for the golden ones because their flavours aren't as strong. Just a fair warning: the red beetroots stain, so you need to work quickly.




L


Just for trivia: Beetroots are really good for you! They're high in vitamins and minerals which are great for you and they aid blood pressure and digestion.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Beetroot (about 120g)
1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°



L
2. Peel the beetroot (you can use golden or red) and then using a mandoline slicer, just run the beetroot through until it's all finished. If you don't have a mandoline, you can peel thin slices with your peeler like I did.


L
3. Add your slices into a bowl and drizzle on the olive oil and sugar. Give that a toss.


L
4. Lay out your beet slices onto a baking sheet and then sprinkle on as much salt and pepper as you'd like. 

Cook time: between 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1 serving




L

Om nom nom

I know these look like bacon, but just a disclaimer: they taste nothing like bacon so don't kid yourself. They taste great though, I really like them though I think I went a little too crazy with the salt. Lesson learnt! As you can see, I kind of burnt mine but I quite like that flavour because it isn't burnt beyond safe consumption.

Unfortunately, these crisps do soften pretty quick, I haven't figured out why (perhaps I sliced them too thin or something) but I'm okay with it because there's still a crunch when I bite into them. I hope you guys give this a go! Let me know if you tried this recipe out and if you like beetroot!

Time to get back to the paperwork~ Till my next blogpost!




xx

Shayne

Comments