Adventure Time: Thank God We Wore Pants

Hello world,

I pretty much went on an adventure today and it was crazy fun! Ash and I didn't really know where we were headed exactly so we decided that taking our boards with us would save us a lot of energy. Also, I haven't brought Tink out for a ride in a while so I sorta used today's adventure as an excuse. Speaking of which, the bolts on her trucks have gone all rusty so I need to get them replaced asap.. 

If any of you are like me, wanting to have an adventure but never found the opportunity to, grab a spontaneous friend and a skateboard/your best walking shoes/bicycle/scooter/rollerblades and get out of the house and literally get lost somewhere. Just remember to check the weather forecast because Ash and I were on a gamble today with the rain. It was totally worth it, partially because it was cloudy the whole way.

Back to the post.. 





Clearly we just followed the roads. 

So we skated along and hopped off when we had to (like when a giant ass truck was driving right at us). Eventually we did find a few neat little places here and there but we just skate past them, until we found this animal resort somewhere pretty far in.

I swear adventures in hidden areas are so underrated. I admit I was kinda worried about getting lost or getting stuck in a sticky situation (like getting horrendously lost or something) but that's the whole point. Ash and I had the whole Sunday to get lost and explore.




























I've never felt so much excitement in a while. 

I was really happy that we stumbled upon the animal resort. They don't have much variety of animals but it was still pretty exciting. It's obviously a pretty small place too but it seemed like quite a few people bring their dogs there from time to time. 

On the other hand, this place isn't exactly the most accessible. It took Ash and I about half an hour or so of skating to actually discover this place. If you don't drive, I don't think you'd wanna walk in. Unless you cycle or you're crazy and impulsive enough to walk or skate like we did. But if you love animals, it may be worth all that effort. 















Bumped into these little buddies!

Well honestly I don't even know where we were apart from the fact that we were along the roads of.. somewhere. This was pretty far in and we just came across these adorable darlings! So we stopped for a while to play with them. 

I really wished I could bring one home but my house isn't the best place for pets so I had to make do with playing and photographing other people's pets for now. I think the only horrible part about today was when my mosquito repellant began to wear off and I got attacked full force by the hungry mozzies. Ugh. Had to be the party pooper and bug Ash to head back to 'civilisation' before I ran out of blood. 



Well this was a pretty short (and visual) post but I hope you guys like it. I kinda want to go one more of these adventures from time to time but school is beginning to hit me full force and I have a big performance with SL coming up at the end of the month. I'm pretty excited for the performance of course, I usually am even though I'm always dead tired during rehearsals, but that's besides the point.

As for school, I'm slowly getting the hang of it and I'm getting used to the environment and such. It makes everything easier and I guess being myself is a lot easier too because everyone is just so different. My lecturers are really fun people and that really makes a difference in the learning environment. Also, my photography lecturer gave me a few movies to watch last night. I'll probably blog about it sooner or later because I've a few things to do for this weeks classes so I should end the post here for now!

I hope this post wasn't a disappointment. I know I usually blog about fashion/make-up/beauty/girly stuff but I have this side to me too (I think most of you who know me personally do know that). I will probably do one of my beauty posts sooner or later but I just really wanted to share this experience with you guys because I've always wanted to have a day like this but never really got the chance to do it.

Get out and go play! Till next time!



xx
Shayne


Comments