2018 Make-Up Favourites

Hello Everyone!

I hope December has been treating you well! I hope you guys are in the total Christmas mood right now, as I am! And of course, I did go through quite a few make-up products this year and I did actually manage to put up one or two Get Ready with Me's on my channel which I feel really good about. 

I bought quite a lot of make-up for myself this year (probably as I always do). I loved a few of them, didn't like a few of them, so since 2018 is coming to an end, I thought I'd share some of my favourite make-up products from 2018! And if you saw my polls on instagram last week, you might recognise some of these products as well! I'll let you guys guess what I'm up to ;) 

With that being said, let's get on to the products!

Porefessional Pearl Primer by Benefit

I think the Porefessional range has been a favourite for a while, from the original, to this pearl formula. I love the pearl formula so much! I love the little tint of soft pink and how it just gives me nice and smooth skin to work on. I didn't have problems with it clogging my pores so that's a plus too!

Bye Bye Oil Liquid Foundation by BeautyMaker 

I've spoken about this on my instagram as well! I actually did this in collaboration with Beautymaker and partipost but I've grown to actually really like it! I don't usually use foundations that have full coverage, so it's good that I've found one that I liked! It doesn't cake and it blends well with my skin, and it definitely keeps me matte! Plus point: it's got SPF 40!

I don't use this everyday, I've my other lightweight/light-medium coverage foundations for that. This is my go-to for events! I've used this for both my Ms Singapore and Mrs Singapore Chinatown make-up looks!

Kill Cover Cushion in #4 Ginger by Clio

So far, this is my favourite daily foundation. I did buy this in Korea a while back, and I'm currently finishing the refill that came with it, so I'm quite worried that I won't have any more of this left any time soon. I found that this colour suited me very well and it was very comfortable to use and easy to blend as well.

I'm not sure if I can get this formula in Singapore, so I'm hoping I can, or else I'll need to find a way to get it from Korea or something. 


Unlimited Cream Shadow in Beloved (left) and Future Proof (right) by Pony Effect

I'm surprised I haven't hit pan (or bottom..? These aren't exactly in pans...) on these because I also got these when I was in Korea and I use them so often. A little goes a long way, but still! I love these two cream shadows to death, definitely biased towards the pink shade more because it suits most of my looks a lot better than the gold one.

I tend to layer eyeshadows on top of these anyway, but it's a nice 'base' (for the lack of a better word). I find that the pink one has a more blendable texture as compared to the gold, but I'm not entirely sure why it's like that because I got these at the same time! It could vary from colour to colour and as I understand it, there are quite a few colours for this product! Then again, I'm not sure if I would venture into the other colours too.


Jelly Eye Colour in 02 Nude Dazzle by Jill Stuart 

I think this product is incredibly fun. I got this in a goody bag when I attended the Jill Stuart product launch earlier this year. I use this in similar ways to the Pony Effect cream shadows, or sometimes, I just apply it all over my lids and leave it like that if I'm feeling lazy but I don't want to look too plain.

This isn't as buildable as the Pony Effect creams, but that's what I actually like about it. It just applies very thinly so there isn't ever going to be a huge chunk of off-white glitter on my eyes. I think that might look good on other people but it definitely does not suit me. I enjoy using this for my more subtle/natural looks, just a hint of glitter somewhere, y'know? 

Also, it does say Nude Dazzle, but on my skin, it just looks like white glitter. Funny enough, the actual white shade in that collection is called Diamond Dazzle and in comparison, that is definitely white and this one is definitely a nude tone. 

Play 101 Stick in 18 by Etude House

I've used this for a while now, and I think this deserves a shoutout before it disappears for good. I actually managed to find this when I was blogging for the Mrs Singapore Chinatown events at Big Box! This was literally the last one on the shelf so I didn't even want to think if I should get it or not since I couldn't find this shade in the various Etude Houses - my guess is that they have discontinued it. 

I loved everything about this product. It blended well and the colour was great! I liked that it was a buildable stick formula that I could just easily blend out with a brush. I haven't found any cream contour products that have this shade and come as an individual colour. I don't tend to use those contour duo products (the ones that come with a dark and light shade) because one will not suit me. Even when I had the Stila duo, the lighter shade didn't suit me perfectly, though the darker shade did. Definitely gutted that I won't be able to repurchase this again! 


Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay 

I don't think it's a surprise that I love this palette. I pre-ordered it and did a #GetReadyWithMe with it. I didn't use it as much as I would like to, but it was definitely one of my favourites from the Naked range. 

I've always enjoyed using Urban Decay's eye shadows so it might be no surprise that I really enjoyed this palette. It has definitely taken over my love for the Naked 3 (which is, surprise surprise, a more pink palette) I haven't really got around to using the darker shades on this one just yet, but, I will eventually!


Park Avenue Princess Chisel Palette by Tarte 

Funny story, I didn't actually intend to purchase this palette, but a friend had bought an extra one and I decided to just buy if off her because it looked pretty, and I was looking for good contour shades. I think it's pretty obvious that the shade 'Princess Cut' is the favourite among the 6 shades! It's probably one of the best suited contour shades for me, in terms of a powder formula!

Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I use some of these shades as eyeshadow, especially shades 'Carat' and 'Crown', but these are more bronze-y shades, so I never really use them for contour. I'm not sure where I've mentioned this, but I never really enjoyed warm tones as much as I have enjoyed cooler tones!


Neutral Matte Eyeshadow Palette by Too Faced

I actually got this for my birthday this year (thank you Nari!) I realised that whenever I use this palette, I get a lot of compliments on my eye make-up, so I'd say I use this the most among all my other palettes. Just because it's a great day-to-day palette, the colours are great and the match my skin tone. I didn't actually even think of buying this for myself so I'm actually glad I got it as a gift!


Diamond Bomb in How Many Carats?! by Fenty Beauty

I've been coveting this for a long time. I swatched it when I was at Sephora but told myself not to get it. But being me, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and once I actually went to the store to get it, it was sold out ISLAND WIDE. So I decided to get it shipped over, and lo and behold.. a few days later, it was restocked in Singapore. 

But, no matter, I love this so much. I don't only use it on my face, but my shoulders and collarbones and even on my arms. It doesn't show up on camera as much, but it looks amazing in person! I think this is something you can sort of lightly layer on top of your highlighter, just because it sparkles and it's not really a shimmery or metallic finish!


Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Metal Moon by Fenty Beauty

This was also a gift from Nari, but I think it was last year's Christmas gift! It doesn't look like I use it but this is the only highlighter that I use on my nose. I suppose you can say this is my designated nose highlighter. It just looks so good! Sometimes when I use this on my cheekbones I end up latering other highlighters on top of it too.

I'd say this is quite a light highlighter, which is why it's my favourite for daily use! Plus I'm surprised that I've barely made a dent in it? You can literally still see the 'FB' pressed into the product!


Shimmering Skin Perfector in Lilac Geode by Becca

I promise you, I've used this product. HAHAH It looks new but I really have used this a couple of times. I think it's because I use this mostly in my inner corners and not so much of a cheekbone highlight (though I do, very occassionally). I go in with a very thin brush and I tend to go along the lines of the geometric pattern. Perhaps that's why it looks like I've barely used it. 

This highlighter would probably be one of those that you might not want to be too heavy handed with, unless you love the blinding highlighter look. 

Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour in Medium by Stila

I stopped using this for a while earlier this year because I kept going for a more strong-eyebrow type of look, but for the past few months, especially when I'm crewing on shoots or if I'm going for dance, I realised I reach for this a lot because it's a lot more natural looking as compared to other brow pencils and it allows me to fill my brows in more compare to brow masacras! 

This formula is honestly quite sheer, so it does take a bit of time to get my desired brow look (especially on my right brow because it's a lot shorter). But it's definitely good for days where I don't want to look like I've slapped a whole lot of make up on my face!

Magic Marc'er Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Blacquer by Marc Jacobs

Someone needs to tell me how long I've been talking about this eyeliner.. I'm sure it was before the first Get Ready With Me on this blog in 2015, but I'm guessing its somewhere around there! I've loved this eyeliner, and when they came up with the brown shade, I immediately bought it too! Then again, nothing beats me absolute favourite black eyeliner! 

Dior Addict Lipstick in 451 Tribale by Dior

I think I got this sometime last year so it's been well loved. It's a relatively sheer formula but I love how it makes my lips feel. I'm actually surprised this isn't finished (its almost half gone, actually) yet, because I reapply this a fair bit. But yes, I love the shade and the formula, I'm personally not too bothered when my lip colour fades, as long as it doesn't bleed, and this doesn't!

Matte Lipstick in Mirrorlike by 3CE

I bought this on a whim when I got the Play 101 stick at Big Box. I wasn't sure what colour to get so I decided on somethin relativley neutral, but towards the orange side. Now, I just keep this in my pouch and it's my go-to lip colour. 

I'd say the forumla isn't as nourishing, in fact, it leaves your lips a little dry, but once you put a good layer of lipbalm before applying this, you're good to go! I might explore the other colours in this range if I can find it!


SPACEJAM Ultra Luxe Glitter Balm in Lady Mercury by Lemonhead

I got good use out of my glitter pot when I was at Zoukout. More or less managed to slap on half the jar onto most of my friends. It was good fun, for sure, it made me get into the 'festival' mood, and it came of pretty easily as well so I really enjoyed this glitter! I definitely would want to try the other shades next time! 

I will be concluding my 2018 make up favourites here, I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost as much as I enjoyed looking at all my make up, deciding what have I reached for the most and what made me feel great in 2018! I'm very excited to share this week's video with you guys as well, do keep a look out for that too! I'm also excited to reveal a few more things in 2019 so I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments