Dr. Hsieh Mandelic Acid Home Peeling Liquid Review | Sponsored

Hi everyone! 

I hope you guys are having a good start to July! Barely halfway in, and I've been really swamped at work!! Skincare is something that we shouldn't neglect! For someone like me, who wears a lot of make up everyday, a proper skin regime is important. 

Introducing Dr. Hsieh's Mandelic Acid Home-Peeling Liquid! 

That's quite a mouthful right? Haha. I tried saying it out loud and I constantly fumble. 

Recently, I've found that my skin is beginning to feel the effects of very little sleep, unhealthy diets and a lot of make up. It could literally be an aging problem (I just turned 25 last week haha) but honestly, it's probably a combination of everything. 

I've been getting more breakouts and my skin isn't as radiant. Honestly, I haven't been able to do masks and I tend to forget to exfoliate my face. I haven't been on camera for the longest time, so honestly, I think I got a little lazy when it comes to skincare! But that's going to stop! I've incorporated various skin products into both my day and night regime (more info coming soon!). 


One of them, is the home-peeling liquid!

 I use this once a day, in my morning routine. I apply this after I've washed my face and before I put on my toner, moisturiser and sunblock. Pretty straight foward, nothing too fancy, but just an extra step can make quite a difference. 

If you're wondering, it's basically a clear liquid.
It doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. I just put one small drop, I find that too much isn't a good idea. I took a while to snap this photo and the spot where the liquid was got a tiny bit itchy, so you don't want to apply too much. 

This is after all, meant to help you exfoliate. I obviously forgot about it when I recieved the product. I didn't think too much into it.
I need to say this now: This product is meant to be suitable for all skin types, but personally, I'm not sure if I'd recommend it to people with sensitive skin - perhaps, you need to proceed with caution, and seek a dermatologist's advice before you use it. 

The first time I used it, I applied it to my entire face (not to mention, quite a few drops), and my skin did not react too well. I decided to give my skin a break from it and tried it again a week after, but using a lot less of it, concentrating it on my T-zone where it's oily. My C zone is relatively sensitive, so I don't put too much on there.

A huge tip is to not forget about sunblock. This product does increase the sensitivity of your skin under sunlight. I wear sunblock regularly, so it's not too difficult for me to remember. But I know, there are some of us who neglect their daily dose of sunblock!! 


Just a quick comparison.

After taking that photo, I decided to do a comparison on my hands. This was when I first received the product too, so I literally was not expecting the slight itch. It did go away pretty quickly though, so it was nothing to be too alarmed about. 

So let's just talk about the product.

Mandelic acid is lipophilic, which helps in regeneration of skin keratin, purity clogged pores and restores healthy and brighter skin, which you can actually see in my comparison photos. I was pleasantly surprised, not going to lie! The product absorbs into the skin pretty well, there's not sticky feeling (unless you've added too much, which I must empasise again - not the best idea). 

The product uses a hypoallergenic and plant-based formula so you shouldn't be breaking out or anything like that. It provides Acne and Oil control by eliminating excess sebum so it's great for oily and acne-prone skin! I'll be ending my review here! ^^

For those of you who would like to give this a try, you can redeem the product via this link: https://goo.gl/SsgTta

You can also find out more about the brand and the product here: http://www.dr-hsieh.com

I hope you guys found this review useful! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments