Bioderma Sebium Range | Sponsored

Hello everyone! 

I'm back with another review! Thank you to the Sample Store and Bioderma for sending me these new products from the Sébium range! I have combination-oily skin and the humid weather in Singapore just doesn't help with oily skin and clogged pores.

I've been using Biodrema's micellar water as my make up remover for quite a long time and despite it being on the pricey side, it's something that I don't want to skimp on. Removing your make up after a long day (especially when you wear a lot of makeup) is really important. My skin feels clean and fresh after I use it and it doesn't require much to do the job as well. I still double cleanse, but I haven't found a product that works as great as their micellar water.


With that being said, I was pretty excited when they reached out to me with new products! 

Biodrema has released their Sebium range and they've sent me their Sébium Mat Control Shine-Control Moisturiser as well as their Sébium Lotion. I brought these two products with me to my recent company trip to Bangkok and it really made my skin feel hydrated without causing any oiliness! I was worried about the moisturiser as well, but surprisingly, it worked very nicely and I use it every day now. 

Having combination/oily skin, pimples are something that I struggle with. I'm blessed that I do not have acne, but of course, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be putting efforts to keep my sebum levels under control. For those of you out there who know what I'm talking about and need some skincare advice, here are 3 things that affect the skin's sebum levels: 

1. Hormones
Some people would have thicker sebum compared to others, this results in clogged pores and pimples as the sebum has more difficulty flowing out from the follicle. I'm not sure what causes this or what the remedy is (or if there is any), but a consultation with a dermatologist can always tell you a lot of things about your skin and how to improve it! 

Imbalances and changes in hormonal activity can result in the excess production of sebum. Our hormones will change over time and that will affect things like your skin and even your menstrual cycle. I have personally experienced quite a few changes in my skin and cycle over the years despite not having too much change in my lifestyle. 

2.  Improper Skincare 
This is something that you'd probably need to have loads of trial and errors, personally, I've not perfected my own skincare routine but I roughly know what works and what doesn't for my skin. Using skin care products that aren't suitable for your skin type can really irritate and worsen the condition of your skin.

Sometimes, cleaning your skin too often means that you are stripping away the natural oils that your skin requires to be healthy and glowy. This results in pH instability as well as
 hyperseborrhea, which is the condition where the skin produces more sebum to compensate for the excessive removal of sebum. I used to be someone who cleansed and showered execssively, it sort of tricks your skin into thinking it's not producing enough sebum, and it'll react by creating more, which is the opposite of what you want. Same goes for your hair, I used to double wash and it gets oily really quickly, so I've tried very very hard to wash it just once a day instead of twice, it was hard to get used to, but my heair doesn't get oily as fast anymore!

3. Lifestyle
Different lifestyle changes can affect your skin in different ways. For example, a high glycemic (sugar, flour, rice etc) can increase the activity of the sebaceous glands. This can also be caused by high stress levels - which is why some of you out there get a pimple outbreak when you get stressed out! 

Don't forget that different food will have different effects on various people, so don't stick to just one diet and give up when it doesn't work, some of us benefit from a high-carb-low-fat diet, some of us may benefit more from a vegan diet etc etc. Find out what works for you and stick to it!


With all that in mind, let me tell you more about these products!

Left: Bioderma Sebium Mat Control with Fluidactiv™ Patent 
30ml retailing at $36.90
- A daily moisturiser that provides just the right balance of shine control and hydration. Helps to effectively control excess oil, soothe the skin and prevent dryness. 
- Promises 8-hour shine control and smooth effect thanks to Matt and Smooth Technology which includes mattifying micro powders and silicones that help to instantly reduce shine.
- Provides 12-hour hydration with Glycerin which keeps skin well-hydrated.
- Ensures clear complexion and smooth skin in 7 days thanks to Zinc Gluconate and Vitamin B6 which help control shine in the long run by reducing sebum production.
- Minimises the appearance of large pores with Mushroom Extract’s
astringent properties.
- Refines and improves skin’s texture with the help of Salicylic Acid.

Right: Bioderma Sebium Lotion with Fluidactiv™ Patent
200ml retailing at $33.90
- A non-sticky toning lotion is specially formulated to soothe and treat oily skin. It is also specially formulated for asian skin. It contains a blend of active ingredients that helps balance skin’s pH, reduces excess oil and keeps the skin hydrated. 
- Provides 8-hour lasting hydration thanks to Glycerin.
- Regulates skin’s pH to a healthy level and limits the growth of P.acnes bacteria with Capryloyl Glycine (amino acid).
- Reduces sebum production and has anti-bacterial properties with the help of Zinc Gluconate and Vitamin B6.
- Gently exfoliates and refines skin’s texture with Salicylic Acid.
- Tightens pores thanks to astringent properties of Mushroom Extract


As you can see, both these products more or less contain the same products. Personally, I love using these in the day as I have other skincare products that I love using at night. I find that using these once a day is good enough for me. I've seen a significant difference in my skin already. I am hoping that they come up with a mask of some sort just because my skin feels great after using these products. 

I should also add that there isn't much of a scent, which is always great. There is a bit of a scent, don't get me wrong, but it is quite pleaseant!

You can find the products at Guardian from the 1st of June onwards, and they'll having the following promotion: buy 1 and get the 2nd item at 50% off! Don't say I didn't give you guys a heads up! ;)



I'll be ending the blogpost here, I hope you guys have enjoyed this blogpost and I'll see you in my next one! 


xx
Shayne

Comments