Miss Singapore Pageant International 2017

Hey everyone!

It's been almost 6 months since Miss Singapore Pageant International 2017 and I was very kindly invited down to their finals and press conference! As most of you know, I've blogged for a few other pageants, namely Miss Singapore Beauty Pageant as well as Mrs and Classic Mrs Singapore Beauty Pageant.

I haven't blogged about pageants since MSBP 2017 in August because I was busy travelling towards the end of 2017 and earlier this year, I've made the decision to take up a full time job. Although the events happen on Saturdays - believe it or not, I work on Saturdays. So no, I didn't just 'disappear from the pageant scene' because I didn't want to be branded as a pageant blogger (in fact, I was starting to accept it), nor was it because of interesting things that have been happening during MSBP 2017 - you'd know what I'm talking about if you saw the news or my vlog.

ANYWAY. 2017 IS OVER AND HERE IS 2018.

We had the press conference in the morning!

We had organisers, reigning queens from MSPI 2016 as well as queens from Hong Kong and Macau at the Press Conference. It was pretty nice speaking to the reigning queens as well. Did I mention that they're all pretty tall too? 

Was pretty happy that Joyce was there with me~

Usually, I'd be at pageant events alone until the grand final, so it was pretty nice to have her around! 

Back to MSPI, which is organised by the Singapore Women's Association. The titles given out during this pageant will be different from the other Miss Singapore Pageants.

For Miss Singapore Pageant International, there are 4 crowns to give away: 
  1. Miss Singapore Asia Pacific International
  2. Miss Singapore Supranational
  3. Miss Singapore Tourism Queen of the Year
  4. Miss Singapore International

These queens will then be sent to their respective international pageants overseas. I remembered mentioning this before during the MSBP period: there are a fair few beauty pageants in Singapore and they are held by different companies. Let's just get this out there~ 


Both the Press Conference and Finals were held at the Grand Copthorne Ballroom~ 

If you're wondering, yes, I went home to change out after the press conference in the morning. I could not resist the chance to doll up even more~





There were booths and little pop-up shops at the reception, which was something new!

And the night begins with the reigning queens coming on stage!




Then we meet the new contestants!

I didn't get to meet the contestants prior to the finals, they weren't at the press conference and all that so I was literally trying to figure out who was who as they introduced themselves to us haha. Plus I know I didn't take as many photos as I usually do. I think I was a little too far from the stage so the zoom on my camera sort of degraded the image quality, turns out I can't use most of my photos in the end since they aren't too great ):











*Cue James Bond themed music*

I ought to mention that the theme this year was something along the lines of Bond Girl/Secret Agents. They aren't pointing 'guns' at people for no reason. Pretty interesting theme isn't it? Femme Fatale; someone empowering, intelligent and beautiful, just like how a queen should be! 

Quite fun, if you ask me! 





Swimsuit Portion~




And the evening gown portion! 

I personally look forward to the evening gown portions the most at any pageant. I love looking at gowns in general, I'm not even sure why, but that air of sophistication is always something I look out for during the evening gown showcases. 




Some titles were given out! And our top 6 were selected!

Surprise surprise, the dreaded Q&A.

Also, I bumped into a secondary school friend of mine who competed in one of the previous MSPI's!

And we welcome back the reigning queens for the coronation!






And the new queens have been crowned! 

They've about half a year (ish) left until the end of their reign, but I'm sure they've learnt a lot during the past few months! As said on my instagram post, their registrations are now open, so if you think you have what it takes, you can sign up through this link! If you'd like to find out more about the pageant, you can pop on over to their facebook page!

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost, thank you again SWA and MSPI for having me that night! I'll see you guys in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments