Sephora Haul

Hello everyone! 

March has been the craziest month for me and I'm so glad April is upon us. I hope you guys are having a great April. Also,

Happy Easter!!

I recently started going to St Joseph's Church because my old parish is under renovation and I was looking for a new church near my school so I could pop by if I needed to, and it's been pretty nice. Went for Easter Sunday mass with my mother today (after a therapeutic day of shopping and eating) and I feel the need to really discipline myself to go to church regularly! Super late New Years resolution maybe? I should start and give April a good start! 

Alright, so all that stuff aside for my non-catholic readers, I haven't done a make-up haul in a long time so I guess this would be pretty fun for me to do and hopefully just as fun for you guys to read! I've been a little more adventurous this time round and bought products that I've never tried before. Some I've sorta tested or heard of but yeah, never purchased them before so that's even more exciting! So without further ado~~



1. Radiance Facial Cleanser by Burt's Bees

I haven't tried many products from Burt's Bees before, just the eye cream which is pretty good, but I have heard so many things about this brand so I decided to give their skincare stuff a go! I've been looking for new facial cleansers that removes the dirt and oil in my face without being too harsh on my skin. This facial wash includes Royal Jelly so that usually means awesome stuff! 

I wanted to try the one with Daisy extract but they were sold out so I opted for this one! I may give the other one a go once this bottle is finished, I do find it odd that this particular one is the only bottle with the pump.. The rest were those usual squeezy tubes. 

Just so you know, this does smell really nice and refreshing! Not a very strong fragrance like my current cleanser from Garnier, much more gentle so it would probably give me a more mellow morning pick-me-up! Can't wait to give this a go! 



2. Lemon & Vit. E Bath and Body Oil by Burt's Bees

This next product also has a really lovely scent. It's like sweet but mellow lemon and I could imagine how refreshing it would feel on my skin in the shower. Especially if I've having a wax day (about twice a week, if you are wondering), I think this would make my skin feel really great! 

I wanted to try the one from L'Occitane but I couldn't find it in Sephora so I opted for this one! I think this would be pretty nice though! But there was only one size for the bottle so I don't really know how to feel about that for now haha. 




3. Amazonian Clay Volumising Brow Powder in Black Brown by Tarte

I've been eyeing this for a while now but I haven't got around to getting my make up form Sephora. I finally did and I can't wait to give this a go tomorrow! I'm a little intimidated cuz it seems really dark but the medium shade seemed a little too light for my liking. But I've heard good things about Tarte (so I guess it's time to give the brand a go!), but not for this product in particular, usually people rave about the foundation powders. Then again, fingers crossed! 



4. Aqua Liner in Brown by Make Up Forever

So I an out of my liquid brow liner from Stila and they're constantly sold out at Sephora, so the girl at the counter recommended me this liquid liner. Obviously it isn't specifically for brows but she said it was worth a go. The swatch was pretty impressive cuz it was dark and pigmented, plus it dried up matte and it's waterproof. 

I haven't tried any products from Make Up Forever, I did get a freebie mini lipstick but I gave that to my mum since she was looking for a lipstick at that time, but we'll see how this one goes! 




5. Radiance Revealing Invisible Dry Shampoo by Percy & Reed

I've only tried Percy & Reed's products once, which was their regular dry shampoo which smelt quite medicinal but it did the job well. I randomly picked this up without much thought while I was about to go pay for my items because I was running low on my current dry shampoo. I was thinking of changing up between the various scents Batiste had for their dry shampoos cuz Batiste is inexpensive and pretty good. 

Then again, his called me from the Percy & Reed counter so, I thought I'd give it a go. Plus it was a relatively new item, I believe, so really.. Why not? Plus can we take a minute to appreciate how pretty Percy & Reed's packaging always SCREAM my name?! So pretty~~ I hope this smells as pretty as it looks, if it doesn't have a fragrance, better yet! 




6. The Perfect Nude Nail Polish by Nails Inc. 

I've been hunting for a nude nail polish for a while and I did look at Marc Jacob Beauty's range but I had the biggest problem opening the bottle so I kinda gave up trying to swatch them. I picked this one up and I have it on my nails now.

I'm pretty glad I grabbed this one, because it really is, the perfect nude. I think I will be wearing this colour very often because I've a thing for the 'nude nail look' since film school and acting aren't exactly the best places to have pretty-ass nails 24/7 (let's not forget about SL performances, musicians would get my drift). I'm definitely glad I found this, it dried pretty quickly too and that is brilliant! Loving it already!







7. Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit 

This is the final and my absolute FAVOURITE purchase for today. I get my brows done at Ion's Benefit Brow Bar and the other day my Brow Expert (that's what it says on their name tags) let me give this beauty a go and it made my lashes SUPER curly, I fell in love with it. I use the They're Real mascara now which is a lengthening mascara because my eyelashes are like... invisible.

The weird thing is my friend had purchased this herself and didn't like it at all, saying that it didn't work for her. Which kinda scares me because my Brow Expert did tell me about using the different sides of the wand (as you can see in the bottom picture) so achieve the curl. I'm hoping I can get the curl she did for me. You can see how curly my lashes became in this tweet I posted.

Must. Master. Technique.



Well, that's the end of today's post! I just realised I only posted once last month so I hope I have more time to post in April. I've all the post-production stuff to handle for this month, on top of the other essays that we need to do so I'm not exactly off the academic hook for the semester. To everyone who is on the last few weeks of their semester as well, I feel you, let's all push through together! *muscle man emoji*

I'm definitely looking forward to the end of the semester (Which is the end of the month) and to my performance trip to France with SL in May which is gonna be pretty exciting!! I'll be hitting the library tomorrow after school for some research material so I guess I should head to bed in a bit!

Before I go, do give some love to my friends from PeaNutButter Studios! They just released a new video on Things Singaporean Siblings Say! It's pretty funny so if you're looking for a good laugh, do head on down and subscribe to them~ Also, do them on Mediacorp Channel 5, starting on the 8th April, every Wednesday, 9.30pm! 

I hope you guys have a great week ahead! Till my next blogpost! 




xx
Shayne




Comments