USS Horror Nights 2014 Preview

That's right guys, preview, not review. 

So I was invited to go for the Halloween Horror Nights 4 preview at Universal Studios last week. Obviously, I snapped a few photos while I was there and of course, I'm going to blog about my experience. 

(Disclaimer: my photos kinda suck because I'm shit at photo editing and I obviously do not know how to make full use of a phone camera.)



Errmaigurd

I've been wanting to go for HHN for the longest time. I've never been to the ones in the previous years, I've even sent an audition tape for last year's HHN but I had sent it over way too late so obviously, I didn't get the job. Basically, this was my virgin experience with HHN and I am amazed. 

Just so you know guys, I'm TERRIBLE with horror. I love watching horror flicks but I regret it right after because I won't be able to sleep for a week. I tell myself that the effects and make up and acting's all good, just so that I can convince my self that it's not real and the goddamn Babadook ain't gonna eat my face. I'm even worse with haunted houses. And for those of you HHN regulars, you know that in USS, it's all about the haunted houses. My only comfort is that the make up and acting are spot on. 









Well, obviously the crowd was pretty intense. 

As an invited guest I was given an express pass and it was so awesome. I've never realised how fast the express pass could be until that night. The decorations were pretty cool though! I wasn't allowed to take photos inside the attractions so I can't show you guys why I was screaming all the way. 

I managed to see 5 of the haunted houses, though I believe there were more? But the express passes did magic. I personally liked the army themed one, I think it was called Camp Mati or something like that. It was pretty darn good. Another one that I really like was the chinese themed one and if I'm not wrong, it's called Jing's Revenge. Those two are my personal recommendations if you want any~














I'm obviously the worst with photos.

I was honestly quite convinced these people in costumes were legit zombies and whatever their characters are. I bet they probably thought I was such a loser because I was so scared and I looked ridiculous next to them. Plus I'm not the best with poses. 

You can say that I was happy that the scarers aren't supposed to touch the visitors and in turn, we aren't allowed to touch the scarers. I was so worried that someone was going to grab my ankle in one of the haunted houses or something. But this safety precaution is good because we won't get a heart attack and die and they won't be at risk of getting punched either. 



Well that's the end of my post, I didn't stay long there (like maybe an hour or two) and I didn't go during the previous years so I have nothing to compare it to. But for those of you who are going, I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as I did and hopefully you guys get to see all the attractions if you didn't get the express tickets. 

On a side note, I'd really appreciate it if you guys give the Skinny Mint banner on my side bar. It'll be very nice of you and it'll help me quite a bit. Also, head down to xinmsn.com if you haven't caught my episode of The Best I could Season 2. Just incase, I'm in Episode 2. You can also head down to my website and watch the link there! Till next time!


xx
Shayne



Comments

Post a Comment