A Better Florist | Sponsored

Hey everyone!

I'm back from a week's hiatus of blogging, I just needed some time to recharge! Also, my convocation was last week as well, so that's even more reason to give myself the week off. Before I get on with this post, I'd like to congratulate my fellow Lasalle mates for making it through! If you're wondering, the diplomas, degrees and masters students all graduate together, so it honestly is quite a big thing. 

So, when you think of graduation, you think for flowers, so of course, today's blogpost is about flowers. I think most of you know that I love flowers, so I was very happy when A Better Florist approached me for a collaboration! I was invited to one of their flower workshops earlier this month and it was a whole lot of fun!


We worked with Carnations as the main flower!

Oooo pretty~~



Our working 'materials'

I've no idea why I didn't write down the names of everything that we've used, I must've thought I'd remember everything. I apologise! But for my readers who are flower enthusiasts, I'm sure (or at least hoping) you will be able to recognise these!


And we begin with a demonstration!

We first started off with watching the professional! She was very very lovely and entertaining, and she made sure she told us was the dos and don'ts were. Of course, she also mentioned that there will be no judgments made, should we decide to do something a little more 'unconventional'. 

Obviously, me being me, I broke a stem.. 

I didn't even get to start building the bouquet just yet, all I was doing was taking the leaves off the carnations before I fluffed them up. 


Also, my hands couldn't hold much. I probably had more tape than anyone else.

My hands were cramping at this point!

I did eventually manage to get to a point where I was very happy with my bouquet. I think the back was looking a little bare here, but I needed to take a break because my hands weren't cooperating with me.

My tape's turning opaque because I've taped so much!!

At this point, I know a lot of people think that flower arrangements can be as simple as lumping a whole lot of pretty blooms together but that's not really how it works. There's a lot of thought that goes into it and it also does take a good amount of patience to work with flowers all day. The workshop was about 2 hours, and that's just one little bouquet, so imagine the work and time put into a day full of massive bouquet orders! 

I should mention, that A Better Florist does same day deliveries nationwide. I'm not even kidding, it's on their website, and that is really amazing. I'm not saying that just because they sent my flowers too, but it really is quite amazing. 


I'd just like to stand and look at these flowers for a good long while.

Also, not all flowers make it into the bouquet.

Look at the white eustomas (I could be so wrong, but I think that's what they were) I had to cut away ): As sad and wasteful as it may sound, you can't just plop in a bunch and force it to work all the time, if one's too short or too awkward, it's gotta go. 

Yes, it was quite savage for me. 

Even a mini bouquet won't let me put them all in. I would take them home but my goodness I would have looked like a bigger freeloader than anyone. HAHA. 

Goodbye little eustomas.

Done with my arrangement!

Next, we learned how to wrap them!

LIKE A PRO

Well, technically this was the easiest part to do. It was just putting foam around the stalks and putting a bag over it, pouring water in and then taping it all up so that the flowers will be happy and hydrated by the time it gets home!

Then comes the burlap.

I told her 'mine looks so ugly please help me'

If you are very particular about having perfect symmetry with the burlap, you might as well not wrap it up because achieving that symmetry is probably near impossible. Believe me, I tried and I could not do it by any means. To be fair we were told it's hard because the burlap isn't cut into a square, but I'm stubborn and I wanted to at least try!


She was so patient with us haha she's amazing~

Just watch me ATTEMPT to achieve a burlap-wrapped bouquet.

After a lot of some help.

NAILED IT.

Flowers by yours truely.

Look at that burlap~

Look mama, I made a bouquet!

Honestly, the burlap bit was the hardest for me, one reason being I kept coughing - not entirely sure why, but I supposed my system went into overdrive with all the burlap particles flying around when they gave it out. Secondly, the burlap makes the bouquet thicker than it already is and I had a hard time holding my bouquet with one hand, so I had a bit of trouble making adjustments. I suppose you can watch me struggle in this week's vlog!

Nevertheless, I was so incredibly proud of myself. If anything, I was amazed that I managed to create something that I wouldn't mind giving to someone! I gave this to my mum when I got home, in case you're wondering.

Also, they were kind enough to send me flowers on the week of graduation!

This is their Keira bouquet! I love this bouquet, the colours are so so beautiful! They have so many bouquets to choose from!

If you're wondering, here are my personal favourites:
The Keira
The Emilia
The Clarissa

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and that you're inspired to get yourselves some blooms, just because! I'll see you guys in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments