#GetReadyWithMe: SG50 Celebration Dinner

 Hello everyone! 

So last night I went to the Singapore Island Club (SICC) SG50 celebration dinner with W and my parents! I've never really been to a dinner to celebrate national day but I guess they're all the rage since our dear Singapore turns 50 this year! 

So in celebration of that, I thought I'd do a little Get Ready With Me! 

​​


 I decided to keep my hair in a bun (after drying it of course) and I went around the bun with this floral headband I bought from Forever 21 a while back! I didn't know what to do with my hair so I guess leaving it in a bun with a little more prettiness into if worked well for the event! Plus, the theme was something like 'Back to the 60s' so I guess a bun was pretty much appropriate? 

Anyway, let's get on with the make up!



 Starting with a bare face as always! 


Primer: The Porefessional by Benefit

So I didn't want to use the Better than BB because I was going to be indoors and I didn't feel liek having something that heavy on my face. Plus I'm just currently trying to use this primer up so I can go buy the full sized one! 



Concealer; Fake up in 02 by Benefit

Well, similar excuse for this one, except I have the full sized one waiting for me already. Then again, I wanted a little more coverage since I was stinging on the foundation/primer today! I love how this glides on really smoothly and blends really well into my skin! It does give quite a bit of shine after a while because of the moisturiser, but that's alright!



Eyeshadow Primer: Eyebrow Primer Potion in Original by Urban Decay

Never ever think that your eyeshadow will be the same without this product because it will never be. My eyeshadow stayed on and didn't transfer anywhere because of this magic potion!



 Eyeshadow Stick: Stila Smudge Crayons in Kitten 

I haven't really used this colour in a while, it's a really shimmery baby pink which I love and it does give a slight rose gold effect when I apply it on! I do love this very much but for some reason, this particular colour doesn't apply on as smoothly as the other colours that I have! I still love it anyway!

For this look I just applied this all over my lids! 



Eyeliner: Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer and Obey-ge by Marc Jacobs

I applied abit of obey-ge into the inner corners and a bit of my upper lashline to blend in with the stila smudge stick. I then tightlined my eyes with Blaquer! I didn't feel like doing too much to my eyes since I don't think they did much in the 60s, did they? 



Mascara:  Roller Lash by Benefit and Dr Mascara Fixer by Etude House

I can NEVER stinge on mascara so as I always do, I whacked on a generous amount of the mascara on my upper and lower lashes before sealing them off with the mascar fixer. Which, I must say, is a real life save because your mascara will never bleed ever again and it's just epic amazeballz!! 

Thank you, Etude House and thank you, B. 



 Highlighter: Watt's Up by Benefit

I think this may be a new favourite? I love how subtle yet effective this little highlighter is! I will definitley want to get the full version when I'm free or when this runs out. I use this so often adn I'm barely half done with the sample stick so that's pretty amazing! 

I'm not sure if you guys can see where I applied this on my face but I just did a stroke on my nose, cheekbones and browbones.



 Eyebrows: Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour in Dark by Stila 
Amazonian Clay Brow Powder in Black Brown by Tarte

Probably my second favourite thigns to do after my eyelashes! I may do a post on my brow routine sonner or later so don't fret if you don't know what I'm talking about here.

I basically draw in the tips of my eyebrows with the liner and then fill in the rest with the powder, making sure to blend! I then go over it with some powder so it won't look like my brows are super strong!



 Bronzer: Bronzing Powder in Medium by Sephora

So I think I'm about going to hit pan on this product and that's pretty exciting because I get to have a new bronzer! Well, like I said, not really exciting but it's not horrible! 



​=
 Powder: Studio Fix Compact Powder in NC30 by M.A.C

So I just set the rest of my face with my favourite powder. I really love this so much because it's lightweight and it doens't clog up my pores!



​=
Glitter: Naked Illuminated Shimmer Powder in Aura

Finished off my look with this shimmer powder on my cheekbones! I love the subtle shimmer of this and it was great for glamourising my look a bit more!



​=
 Lips: VDL Lip Stain 

B got this from me form Korea and this thing really stays on forever. I love how this looks and it's perfect for making a gradient lip, which was what I did. I just dabbed a few dots on the inside of my lips and that pretty much did the trick! This does dry the lips out so some lip balm would be great every now and then too!

Mind you, this thing will STAIN. 




This is my outfit!

So I opted for a longer skirt, which I got from The Scarlet Room and I got this beautiful top from Temt. My shoes were from Topshop and I love how the heels aren't too high, yet they don't feel too uncomfortable!

Anyway, that is all for my blogpost and I hope you guys enjoyed it! Till my next blogpost! Have a great week everyone! 


xx
Shayne

Comments