Happy Fathers Day!


Hello Everyone! 

Today's a very special day for all the fathers and I'm glad I have a fantastic one! I originally had a shoot today but it got cancelled this morning so I followed my parents around for some shopping and now I get to do a little blog update! So, this fathers day I thought I'd get something edible as well since I bought cupcakes for myI know what mum this year! My dad loves a nice chocolate cake so I called up Huckleberry Cakes for a custom Dark Chocolate and Coconut cake for him! 








It was sooo delicious! 

I'm not the biggest fan of coconut but when there is chocolate I welcome coconut! I wasn't too careful with the gorgeous cake so it kinda toppled a little. Then again mum and I managed to salvage it and it looked as good as new! 

You guys definitely should check them out because they are brilliant and this cake was absolutely gorgeous! Rich and delicious chocolate sponge which was really addictive with the beautiful frostings and cream and coconut! 

Contact: huckleberrysg@gmail.com



Of course, that's not all we did to celebrate. My family and I celebrated Father's day on Friday night, surprised my dad with the cake on Friday night after I was done with another shoot for Tanglin!

Shameless Plug
Tanglin will be airing on Channel 5  on the 30th of June at 8pm! Don't miss the first few pilot episodes because they are one hour specials! Subsequent episodes will be showing everyday from Monday to Friday at 8.30pm! I will be acting as Cherry so do look out for her in the drama! ;) 

Anyway, back to the blogpost. We had dinner with my dad's family (it's a weekly affair) at Carnivore @ CHIJMES! It was my first time at Carnivore so I was pretty excited! 



Such a pretty place! 

CHIJMES itself was pretty awesome, I like going to places like that because a good ambience wins you half the game for any dinner/lunch date. The food was pretty awesome too! They had a decent selection at their salad buffet counter and oddly, I really liked their mushroom soup and garlic bread. 


NOM

Of course, it's called Carnivore for a reason, they serve barbecued meat and the waiters/servers go around to the tables and cut up the meat right in front of you. They had really delicious beef which I wished I ate more of. They also had really good pineapple. That's right guys, barbecued pineapple. It was to die for. 

I definitely ate enough to last me a week, whether you believe me or not. I ate so much last night I'm feeling the consequences of (severe) overeating right now. But it was all worth it! I did wish that the buffet extended to more desserts, they had cut fruit and a little cream cake so I wasn't too excited for desserts. Then again, their meats are the selling point so the fruits were perfect for cleansing the palate. 

Carnivore Brazilian Churrascaria

Carnivore @ CHIJMES
30 Victoria Street, #01-30, CHIJMES, Singapore 187996
T: 6334 9332


Carnivore @ Grandstand
200 Turf Club #01-16, Singapore 287994
T: 6466 9418

Carnivore @ MBS
2 Bayfront Avenue, #01-80
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Singapore 018972
T: 6688 7429


Well I definitely would go back there, maybe even for lunch or something. I'd recommend this place if you're into barbecue meats and all that. But you WILL get full really quick, I got full pretty fast but at least I managed to try almost everything.



That's all for today's blogpost! I'm really excited because it's my birthday this coming Saturday and I've got something small planned and I've been spoiling myself rotten with random things that I've been buying through late may and June! I'll probably do a Birthday Haul blogpost sometimes this week as well so do keep a look out for that! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne


Comments