Rockin' at Hard Rock

Hi everyone~

I got to celebrate my 21st birthday on Saturday at Hard Rock Cafe in Resorts World Sentosa. My actual birthday's on Friday but we decided to celebrate it earlier instead of having it on the day itself as this weekend's schedules are pretty packed. A few of my friends have been asking me where I got this and that so I thought I'd do a blogpost on the party itself first instead of blogging after my birthday.

I should just say that I had the time of my life even though I was so tired running around the whole night. My friends were absolutely amazing and I was just so lucky to have them in my life. I got so many awesome gifts (a few of them really went crazy with the nail polish and make up which is so awesome) and I couldn't be any more grateful. Of course, I think the biggest credits go to my parents for helping me plan this and for actually making the party happen.

So very blessed indeed. Alright, on to the blogpost.






Doorgifts by D'Arts

Well it wouldn't be my party without some D'Arts stuff. Mum managed to make 60 pieces of the fridge magnets. These aren't on sale on our website just yet as we've haven't been updating the catalogue. As all our products are, these fridge magnets are also made with eggshells and they're completely handmade.

My momma got skills.

To amp up the little publicity I got some cards printed with our social media and of course, a thank you message behind as well. Dad got these printed at SP Printing and Stamp. I believe their shop's somewhere in Ang Mo Kio or Yio Chu Kang.

I personalised these by putting a wax seal on top of the staple bullet (plus it fit my 'Black and Gold' theme). You can get these stamp thingies at Paper Market but they are a tad bit pricey. If you do want to try them out, make sure that you get the wax candles with the wicks in or else it'll be a little more tricky to use.





Guest book from Typo

I can't really remember how much this cost me but it was probably about $20? This was the smallest one they had. They had the usual A4 (or it was probably slightly bigger than that) size and a bigger square one as well. But I decided to get the small one instead cuz I figured that I wouldn't need a massive one anyway.

I guess this is pretty straight forward. I drew the design in pencil first because I was too much of a chicken to use the markers straight away. Plus I didn't really know what else to put on it so it turned out kinda plain? Idk but it was the content that mattered. You guys were so amazing I felt so happy reading all the little notes you left me. :D

On a side note, I did get some corner stickers for my polaroid films but I was silly enough to forget them so I ended up grabbing some double sided tape from the restaurant instead. On another note, thank you to my dad and Ben for helping me snap the photos!










Setting up was pretty smooth~

I'm not even sure if Ben knew that I took this photo. 

Anyway, Ely came over to my place to help me get some stuff ready and to set up at the restaurant as well. I as supposed to have rehearsals at SL in the morning but NO. My S3 died on me so randomly the night before and I had a massive panic attack. 

To cut the story short, my morning was filled with intense facebook messaging, telling my friends to contact my dad instead of myself. Also, I got a new phone. I got the S5 in black and I'm still fiddling around with it because a few things here and there have changed up. Nonetheless, at least I have a new phone. I'll probably talk about that another day.

Getting back on track, Ely came with my parents and I to set things up before everyone started coming. I forgot where dad bought the balloons and ribbons but they worked perfectly well. Hard rock does provide balloons and strings but they come in a mix of colours which was not what I wanted. The help they provided was fantastic though, they pumped up my balloons with helium for free and even helped my attach the ribbons to them. 

Basically, what Ely and I did was take a bunch of the balloons and tied them to a cup. It was Ely's idea and I could not have been luckier to have her around, or else my balloons would be oddly tied to the chairs and the set up wouldn't look great at all. 

Ben and Jordan came a little later so they got to be the first (besides my parents and Ely) to write in my guest book! I should mention, that the next few photos in the post were all taken by Ben because I left all the photo taking to him. My boyfriend is absolutely fantastic wonderful and your argument is invalid. 











Let's talk about food. 

I didn't have time to eat so I only got to grab a bit of everything near the end of the party. Dad took these photos though, I stole them off Mum's facebook. Haha. I think we're missing one or two dishes but that's alright. 

So the food in general was really great. I really really loved the pastas. I didn't get to have the desserts though. I know there were brownies, bread & butter pudding and fruits but my appetite was completely gone because I was pretty busy (and tired). I guess my favourite was the Aglio Olio, and I think I was slightly disappointed by the burgers because they were a tad bit dry. 

Everyone loved the food and there were endless top-ups at the buffet so that was really worth the amount dad paid per person. I was given a few menu options but I opted for this which cost about $60 -$70 per person. I also opted for the halal menu because quite a few of my friends were muslim. Plus the other menu did not have Mac & Cheese I think. 

I also need to highlight that the staff were really attentive, clearing plates really quickly and serving my guests drinks pretty efficiently. I'm sure everyone else besides myself were more than happy with the of quality service they provided. You gotta love Hard Rock guys~ 




Okay guys, let's just talk about the cake for a bit. 

To get things out of the way, I got my cake from We Glacé. Go check them out, they don't charge as much so it was honestly pretty worth my money. I have a few things to say about them because I kinda have mixed feelings. Or at least I did on Saturday afternoon while I was setting up. I pretty much like them very much now.

There had been a few complications with the collection of the cake and that kinda threw me off. Basically I got Ben and Jordan to help me pick the cake up since it was on the way, but somehow the venue changed and the timings were clashing and I ended up paying a little more for a delivery straight to RWS. Frankly, I was kinda peeved because it was sorta stressing me out. 

ON THE OTHER HAND.

The cake was so awesome, I had quite a bit of it myself. I loved how it tasted, it was Oreo Cheesecake (my absolute fave) with the fondant design. I don't know how else I should explain the design I asked for besides that PRADA is one of my absolute favourite luxury brands. I think they did a really good job besides the fact that my "21" looked like a "27" but it's alright. It's pretty obvious I was 21 since it said "Happy 21st Birthday". 

We did have a problem sticking my candles in, we actually had long thin candles but the fondant was so hard that we couldn't stick them in. But I guess that's expected with fondant, especially when it's fresh out of the fridge. Also, cutting through the fondant as quite a challenge. I don't think my dad and Ben were too thrilled about cutting the cake. 


















Photo time~ 

I have a few missing for some reason. When I find them, I'll update the post. So I have to say this was my favourite part because I felt like a star, taking photos with everyone and smiling like a looney at the snapping cameras. 

Back to the party.







The live band was so amazing!!

The band started playing at 9.30pm, right after my cake cutting was done. It was pretty well timed I think haha. I couldn't find a facebook page to link you guys but if I remember right, the band was called Energy. They sounded so good and they were really spontaneous. 

I got to go on stage (against my will) and felt so embarrassed but it was still a really great experience. I felt so silly up there because I wasn't prepared for anything AND I was singing off key and I didn't know what to do about it until half the song was over. I'm just lucky that my friends are still my friends and that the lead singer was trying to help me find my pitch (though I could not hear a single thing he said..)

Then again, it felt pretty nice to be on stage. 



With all that, it's the end of the post~ I know it's pretty vague and all but if you do have any questions you can always contact me on social media and all that stuff. Also, if you would like to have your party at Hard Rock Cafe, you can visit their website or go down to the restaurants to find out more. 

They're a really professional bunch and they do their best to accommodate to your every need. They arrange meetings if you require them to and they really get things done efficiently. My party was really awesome and I definitely recommend Hard Rock Cafe if your taste is similar to mine. I think I mentioned it somewhere in the post but just in case, my theme was "Black and Gold", no surprise there but the venue was perfect. So that's all for this post and I'll see you next time! 



xx
Shayne

Comments