France Day 7: Bread and Berthillion

Hello everyone!

It's my final day in France and I'm pretty sad that it has all come to an end. Then again, I can't wait to get the 13 hour flight over and done with and see my parents and W~ I've bought so many souvenirs (for the same bunch of people) and I'm really excited to give them out! 

We left Nantes in the morning and had a pretty nice train ride to Paris. I swear the trains in France are really smooth and I don't mean the ones that go underground, those are pretty much like any other bumpy public transport.. but the trains we took across the towns were really awesome! Managed to get some work done on the train so I was feeling really productive. Took a while to settle down in the hotel as well and completed more work before heading out with two of my mates to explore the area around the Notre Dame!







 As beautiful (and crowded) as ever! 

Now I know I went here the other day and I wanted to shop but by the time we headed out, it was around 3pm so we wouldn't really get to shop much if we headed down to Champs Elysee.. Also, I didn't get to snap any photos that time because my camera had died on me so I didn't mind heading back there today!












BREAD FAIR!!!!!!

Incase you didn't know, I really love bread so I was happy to see that the bread fair/festival/event we saw a few days back was still on! The three of us decided to take a look (we do love bread) and explore it. Plus we were hungry from the train ride so we grabbed some late lunch/early dinner! It was so delicious! I wouldn't say it was really cheap but it wasn't crazy expensive either! I had a pretty good Pate Baguette (om nom nom) for 4.50euros and that kept me pretty full! 











More exploring!

I didn't get to explore much that day because the rest wanted to get to the ice cream more than anything, but since it was just the three of us today, we got to take our own sweet time to explore the street shops and there are so many lovely quaint little ice cream parlours and shops selling the cutest trinkets and the prettiest candies and cookies!


 



ICE CREAM!!

The last highlight of the trip and the day: Berthillion Ice Cream. We were lucky because there wasn't a queue when we went there, probably because it was already around 6pm and the streets seem slightly emptier around that time so we got our ice creams right away without having to wait! I got Caramel Nougatine and Pistachio which was absolutely divine! 

The ice cream's did cost quite a bit though, my double scoop costs 4euros but I guess it was totally worth it since it's literally like no other! You have to try it to believe it! Small scoops but like I said before, it's really all you need!



With that, I've come to the end of my blogpost. We will be leaving the comfort of our hotel rooms in the morning and catch the flight near noon! I'm really not looking forward to the flight but I guess, airport shopping is a motivation for me right now. More packing and more work has to be done so I'll end off here! Till my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne



Comments